ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent speaker wire colour question

RS Clio 182

I am looking for the colours of the speaker wires at the front speakers on a new Clio 182. I posted this question a couple of days ago but cant find the colours other people have suggested.

The colour of wires are

Front Right Green/White +
Pink Brown -

Front Left Yellow Purple+
Pink Purple -

inside the door card, but what I need to know is what colours they are just inside the car once it has come throught below the A pillars? I am trying to connect new cable from this point to my crossover boxes. I know they change colour as I did it a couple of years ago with a 1.2 Clio but cannot remember what colours they change to!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Why not just do it on the wiring loom between the stereo and the iso block? Done it loads of times, never had a problem and means your not cutting original wiring.

RS Clio 182

Does the original wiring not have some sort of crossover point for the original woofers and tweeters? If I connected before this point, i.e. between the stereo and the crossover point, then surely this would split the sound?

Polo + Micra

the oem speakers do not have a x-over as such just a bi-polar electrolitic capacitor mounted on the tweeter.

they are both connected in parallel.