ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent speaker wire colour question

RS Clio 182

I am looking for the colours of the speaker wires at the front speakers on a new Clio 182. I posted this question a couple of days ago but cant find the colours other people have suggested.

The colour of wires are

Front Right Green/White +
Pink Brown -

Front Left Yellow Purple+
Pink Purple -

inside the door card, but what I need to know is what colours they are just inside the car once it has come throught below the A pillars? I am trying to connect new cable from this point to my crossover boxes. I know they change colour as I did it a couple of years ago with a 1.2 Clio but cannot remember what colours they change to!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Why not just do it on the wiring loom between the stereo and the iso block? Done it loads of times, never had a problem and means your not cutting original wiring.

RS Clio 182

Does the original wiring not have some sort of crossover point for the original woofers and tweeters? If I connected before this point, i.e. between the stereo and the crossover point, then surely this would split the sound?

Polo + Micra

the oem speakers do not have a x-over as such just a bi-polar electrolitic capacitor mounted on the tweeter.

they are both connected in parallel.