ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB 2.0 Drivers

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
For some reason all of my USB ports are running USB 1.1 drivers, no hi-speed 2.0 :(

Everytime I put a USB device in, it reminds me :dapprove:

Is this easily resolved?
I've delved around for some USB 2.0 drivers for the motherboard, but didn't pull anything half decent from a google search and a few PC forums.
The motherboard is an 'MSI K9N Neo-F nForce 550 (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard (MB-071-MS)'

Right clicking update driver in device mgr does nothing, as it thinks it is the latest that is running on them all.
I've tried some DriverDetector software also, that does naff all until you pay some ridiculous subrscription fee.

I know I could purchase a PCI/PCI-E USB 2.0 port card, buttttt, can I bypass it another way with the hardware I've already got?

Thanks guys,

Pete.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
arent usb 1.1 and usb 2.0 different hardware not just a software upgrade.
the pci card is the easiest route, and you can get one of those pci cards for about £15.

Revels Mum & Sister
That board is defo USB 2.0. Download the Nforce Chipset drivers that might solve it. Before you do so remove the old package under add/remove then reboot and run the new package

Will give it a whirl.

Can always make a physical copy of the old drivers I guess as an insurance policy?

Thanks fellas.

After installing 'NVIDIA nForce 550/570/570/590 SLI System Drivers', then inserting a USB Device:

usb.jpg

?

Revels Mum & Sister
Still using 1.0 then it seems. Go to the Nvidia site and try the latest drivers there rather than manufacturers site. One thing that might be worth trying is boot into safe mode and remove all the USB devices/hubs from Device manager.

Also check the BIOS some boards I have seen have an option to enable/disable USB 2.0