ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

usb hasp key

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
anyone know anything about usb hasp keys?

i suspect this thread will get locked, but are they copyable at all?

cheers

We deal with these at work. From my understanding, they are a USB drive that enables the relevant software to work. ie. its the licence in effect I think.

SLK250 CDI
Like a dongle, in the olden days they went in the parallel port.

I suppose on a basic level it's just a memory chip that the software addresses in order to run the application. Sometimes the application is running on the hasp though and the PC app is just accessing it. Bound to be copyable, but could range from simple to complete reverse engineering job depending on how complex the device is?

182FF with cup packs
HASPs are usally custom hardware (thats why they usually need a seperate driver), so they're a bugger to duplicate (which is the whole point of them, if you could knock out a copy with normal hardware then they'd be useless)

The easiest option is to patch the software so that it doesn't actually look for the hasp.

182FF with cup packs
I wouldn't know ;)

But I'm sure if you were to put the words "crack" and "hasp" and the name of the software into the search engine of your choice, you might get some pointers :rasp:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
lol

sadly this isnt general software its very expensive so wont show up on a normal google search

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
HASP is the only third party copy protection software I'd use on software (if we didn't use our own dongle that is) as it's very good at what it does, there's a reason that high end software packages tend to stick to using HASP protection.