ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using the TAB key

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Mini rant, so dont mock please lol!

Who doesn't use the tab key to move between form fields...?

I worked in IT for 4 years, and the amount of people who fill a form field in then go for the mouse between form fields....it just takes about 5 x as long.

Only remembered how annoying it was as my mate was ordering broadband on my pc the other night and he was doing it. its painful to watch.

Tab key for the fooooooookin win I tell thee! :nono:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I agree, people at work do it, drives me friggin nuts!

Along with clicking things instead of just hitting enter.

Megane 225 F1
I know what you mean. Watching my girlfriend using the mouse is painful. Even people on my computer course at college dont use it!!!

the one i dont ever do is shift tab instead i just tab around and around and around lol rather than just going back one field

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh people who use the caps lock key instead on using shift for the first letter of names etc, to.

1.8 Civic EX
lol I know a fair few that do that....

there is someone I know that uses two hands on the mouse to use the right click button or the scroller wheel in the middle lol

Puts the mouse in place with the right hand, then holds it still with the left then clicks the button/scrolls the wheel lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^ oh god lol!

yeah a bloke at my old place used to type with 2 fingers and put caps lock on for capitals.....drove me fukin insane lol!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
the one i dont ever do is shift tab instead i just tab around and around and around lol rather than just going back one field

lol force of habit?

I always do shift tab....I reckon tab keys saves loads of time if used properly, just in general not just on web forms, but for most things.

Watching my boss use a computer is painful.

Takes so long for him to do something. Another that doesnt understand.

I alt + tab'd the other day and you'd think he'd just seen me s**t on his desk by the look on his face! lol..

1.4 Dynamique
tab ftw! I find using alt+tab to switch windows is great fun if anyone is watching, half the time they just look confused because you arnt using the mouse

Nearly as bad as people who right click, then spend an hour selecting copy or paste. Quite often I've been like "FFS come on, why don't you just use ctrl+x,c,v for stuff like that?" Long pause and blank expression followed by "oh...I don't like doing it like that. My way is easier"

WUT??

My Dad will always right-click on an icon, then select 'Open', rather than double-clicking. Highlights text and presses 'space' to delete it too.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What about people who double click weblinks then wonder why they f**k up.

Titanium 182
I HATE it when people go for the mouse to click "Next" "Confirm" buttons etc, drives me crazy because they don't have my mad pc game skills so they're proper slow with it as well >_<

The look of concentration on their faces as they try and hit the button. You would think that they were trying to assasinate general amstel with a pistol for the achievement FFS!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Google Chrome is good if you dont mind google knowing all your browsing habbits and using your info to make even more money :)

FF is the winner by a mile.

DCi
tab and shift + tab are ace
my personal fav is windows key + m and not so much windows key + L

also I keep meaning to reconfigure my laptops FN + * key's as that would be handy.

Titanium 182
Google Chrome is good if you dont mind google knowing all your browsing habbits and using your info to make even more money :)

FF is the winner by a mile.

If they can make that much money out of seeing me going on google, cliosport and youtube, then they're welcome to it.

(Although I disabled the option to help them when I installed it like most people would do.)

Audi S1
I have a thing where i right click to copy and paste.... it because sometimes ctrl + c doesnt work on selected programs at work FTL

Monaco 53/468
Ha I'm lovin this, thought I was the only one who gets fecked off with people using the keyboard then the mouse then back to the keyboard!

Another REALLY annoying thing is watching someone write an email, delete most of what they have written, then write the same thing but worded differently!

Titanium 182
Is there anyone else who sits at a keyboard, and the fingers on there left hand automatically sit on WASD ? :eek:

Ha I'm lovin this, thought I was the only one who gets fecked off with people using the keyboard then the mouse then back to the keyboard!

Another REALLY annoying thing is watching someone write an email, delete most of what they have written, then write the same thing but worded differently!

That reminds me. When people write loads then use the back arrows to get to the start to change it. USE THE f**kING HOME AND END BUTTONS.

DCi
windows key + M = minimize all
windows logo + D =minimize all open windows and show the desktop

so no difference really :D

i sit on WASD, left shift and left alt. ;)

Arctic 182FF
The smart people use Opera.
+1

windows key + M = minimize all
windows logo + D =minimize all open windows and show the desktop

so no difference really :D

having a quick play the only difference i can see is that with windows+D after showing desktop you can then press windows+D again to bring all your windows back, but with windows+M you cant...who knew.

another one of my annoyances along with all the above are people who have a wheel mouse yet sit there repeatedly clicking the arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar

Scirocco GT 2.0
I hate it when people put Caps Lock on for one letter then turn it off for the rest of the word instead of holding Shift :banghead: