ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v maxx coilovers problem

clio 172 cup and valver
i have a 172 cup and i was in the second group buy of the vmaxx coilovers i have fitted them but the back end is still quite high ive even tryed removin the collars that you wind up can sumone post a pic of how there cup is set up at the back please
thanks ad

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
the adjustables in the rear need to be right down or completly remove the 1/2 parts you twist up or down :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So you just have the springs at the rear without the platform at all and its still really high? I find that hard to belive.

clio 172 cup and valver
it looks like its bin lowered about 40mm at the back the fronts are spot on. and yer i have no platforms in

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
it should be..

the big adjuster thats bolted underneath the axle, then 2platforms on top, remove them and you gain extra 10mm,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
come on richy get with the times bro ;) haha,

get a pic fella, if you say 40mm then theres something wrong there, they should be atleast 70-80mm even with platforms removed

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
it should be..

the big adjuster thats bolted underneath the axle, then 2platforms on top, remove them and you gain extra 10mm,

Only one on these mate, I notice FK's have two though. I removed mine and my rear springs fall out when the car is jacked up :) Well not fall out as such but you can freely remove them, MOT fail here I come ;)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ ye thats why i went 1/2 ;) lol,

they should compress as soon as you release the car off the jack/axle stands, mine are 120mm springs and as soon as i lift one side up the springs flies off,

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have my thread still attached to my rear beam but I have just removed the spring seat so when the car is jacked up the spring is to short to sit in the lug above so just sits flat on the beam, fine when it goes down, just have to do it slowly!

clio 172 cup and valver
just tryin to fix the camera lol its definatly not as low as other ppls who have lowered them with v-maxx ill get a pic in a min

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yes, im sure this will kill the shocks earlier but its not worrying me.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
nope they have a pit to do MOT's . its a tyre place who do mot's you see, stuff payin £50 for a mot when i can get it for 35

Bumder With A Buffer
Ive never seen anywhere around here that does it for £35..appart from Barnards (a VW dealership) In stowmarket but fucked if im taking mine there. Cowboys.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Same, have to take my splitter off everytime as it just get hit to s**t :( Floor pan hit the ramps lol :D

Anyway, wheres the pic so we can tell you that you have the springs on upside down

clio 172 cup and valver
my camera is broke so is there a chance sumone can put a pic up of theres to see if and were i have gone wrong

Bumder With A Buffer
Found this from another thread recently..

DSC00078.gif

Heres the thread..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=442646

Bumder With A Buffer
Ah so are you saying to not use that adjuster then when I come to fit mine?

edit and WTF are you on about in my for sale thread??!

clio 172 cup and valver
i had the collar wound rite down and that was how my spring was in i take it if the collar is wound up it highers the car?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ah so are you saying to not use that adjuster then when I come to fit mine?

edit and WTF are you on about in my for sale thread??!

wel ye just remove it as its only there to adjust the height of the ride, nothing else,

il reply to that thread instead of cluttering this up

clio 172 cup and valver
just must be expecting it to go lower as soon as my camera is fixed ill show u wot im on about lol

Bumder With A Buffer
Mine had beter be low or il cry :(

Mines like this at the mo on just Eibach's (I think)

IMG_0078.jpg

Edit I have pretty coloured diamonds on the caps now :) ;)