ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V16DAF's Cup - RS2'd/B14/Wilwood/2118

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I can never get heat into my rears.

I would check the rear wheel alignment in case there's some hub issue/damage.

Ok cheers mate, I will ave a look. I fancy pulling the rear axle off and painting it this summer any way to keep it tidy

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Not updated for a long time!!! Oops

Any way following my first track day I booked another with Javelin on the 17th Aug, again at anglesey but on the Coastal layout - flawless day, here are some pics -
2ed02c3b-72ea-7ec0.jpg

2ed02c3b-730b-1fb4.jpg

Good fun again!!

I'm still waiting for my RS2 to be delivered but been told to expect it any day now :)

Current look of the car - running no arch liners and removed fog lamps to help with cooling the brakes
2ed02c3b-73bb-edb4.jpg

2ed02c3b-7361-a554.jpg

As you can see I have also took people's advice and fitted a skoda splitter and it does look better I must admit

2ed02c3b-740b-899b.jpg

Oil change time, only the best for my girl ;-) and also me and my dad made a pit over the summer. Doing work on the car is now so much easier

2ed02c3b-7463-bfcf.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
5284d4a1-8f95-747f.jpg

New delivery arrived today :) top service from David off speedline.

Got some second hand R888 bought off the forum a couple of weeks ago, will be fitted tomorrow :)

5284d4a1-9062-b3ee.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
2ed02c3b-b982-7270.jpg

2118's wrapped in R888 medium compound :)

Thought I'd give em a good coating of poorboys wheel sealant before I try them on the car tomorrow.

2ed02c3b-ba3d-4fb6.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Re: Clio 172 Cup Project!!

Nice wheels matey. Love the White on the cups but they are a bugger to keep clean with all the brake dust.

You're right, our cars look like bothers from different mothers!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Nice wheels matey. Love the White on the cups but they are a bugger to keep clean with all the brake dust.

You're right, our cars look like bothers from different mothers!

I bet they are hard to keep clean! Barely a mm between the wheel weights and the wilwoods though!! Dead tight.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
1fb9e8a1-bd1b-197a.jpg

Verdict on the 2118's an R888, immense how much more grip you get! Side Walls feel solid, can't wait till my next track day :).

And James JMS has confirmed that the RS2 should be with me tomorrow morning :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Gonna give it a go tomorrow night if I get the chance, otherwise will be the weekend :)

172 cup, Impreza P1

Cracking looking bit of kit the RS2.

Car looks good on the White 2118's but I have to say that.

Our engines are going in different directions now. I'm going turbo.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Cracking looking bit of kit the RS2.

Car looks good on the White 2118's but I have to say that.

Our engines are going in different directions now. I'm going turbo.

Thanks :) I'm quite chuffed with it. Your plans sound exciting, will deffo be keeping an eye on your thread. You going for ktec's kit?

First time I have seen this thread, your car looks great and I love what you have done with it and sensibly modified it with the Bilstien's and rs2 etc. I hope you get it fitted okay they do seem fairly easy to fit from what Tom said to me in the past just access is a bit of a pain I think but thats always the case with these cars. Get some pic's up when the rs2 is fitted ;)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

First time I have seen this thread, your car looks great and I love what you have done with it and sensibly modified it with the Bilstien's and rs2 etc. I hope you get it fitted okay they do seem fairly easy to fit from what Tom said to me in the past just access is a bit of a pain I think but thats always the case with these cars. Get some pic's up when the rs2 is fitted ;)

Thanks :approve:. It looks quite straight forward, Ollie off here has sent me a few photos showing where the essential bits go etc. Had a look lat night and I now know where everything goes, I was stuck with the brake servo pipe, but I think it comes in behind the throttle body at the moment and joins up to an extended pipe that came with the kit and goes into the plug underneath the manifold. I take it that it provides air for the brake servo??

172 cup, Impreza P1

Thanks :) I'm quite chuffed with it. Your plans sound exciting, will deffo be keeping an eye on your thread. You going for ktec's kit?

Not the Ktec kit, I'm going down the 182/225 hybrid route. Got the long engine yesterday but needs some more bits and pieces before fitting. I'll be doing it over the winter and should be ready for spring next year.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Not the Ktec kit, I'm going down the 182/225 hybrid route. Got the long engine yesterday but needs some more bits and pieces before fitting. I'll be doing it over the winter and should be ready for spring next year.

Sounds good!! Fancy Oulton Park next year ;-)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
RS2 fitted, took around 5 hours. The car sounds good and it definitely pulls better!! Feels like it pulls and pulls, mapping has already been booked for 27th of October. So fingers crossed all goes well. I'll upload a few pics in a min

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Got some of this to tackle the grime on the rocker cover tonight -
5772f8cb-6535-2c18.jpg

End result was the following -

5772f8cb-655b-7629.jpg

5772f8cb-6573-958e.jpg

5772f8cb-6587-cb4d.jpg

It has improved but needs some more cleaning TBH. Ordered a brass bush off eBay to fit on a drill so I can get the top bits mint before spraying

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Plans are to paint the rocker cover red, throttle body red so they both match the inlets, then polish up the engine mount and engine hoist brackets leaving them silver so it matches the catch tank. Drilled the holes for the tank tonight and fit it in place (gonna get some better bolts tomorrow so it looks better)

5772f8cb-6678-8fda.jpg

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member

Brash wire brushes will clean it up like new, until it oxidises next, need to do mine again and paint it next time xD

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Not too bad, I used normal 'manual' brushes, stuff comes off pretty easy tbh. Getting at it all in sittu. is the hard part.

I bet some sections are hard to get to! I hope the set I've bought are more than capable of reaching the hard to get areas!!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Had a slight problem today, car was backfiring like it had a anti lag turbo, lol. So I thought the spark plugs / ignition leads must have got a little wet when I used the gunk stuff the other night.

So I cleaned em up, dried them and bobs your uncle it seems fine now :).

Also polished the engine a little and turned out pritty good TBH, ready for paint I think

5b7da093-fb15-7921.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Looks great, so far. Can't wait to see it sprayed up! :)

Thanks mate, I hope it will be worth the effort, I've got normal red VHT paint as opposed to the wrinkle effect, I do really like the wrinkle effect but I want the paint to match up with the manifold if I can. Cross fingers, did you do yours when the engine was cold? and then start the car up to dry the paint?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
5b7db12a-abac-1e66.jpg

My spray booth today :)

Engine mount -
5b7db12a-abe1-629c.jpg

Prepping engine area ready for paint -

5b7db12a-ac07-b87c.jpg

End product -

5b7db12a-ac29-42e9.jpg

5b7db12a-ac3f-5002.jpg

5b7db12a-ac5d-47f1.jpg

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Dude that looks sweet not can't believe how much you've done to this car!

Can't wait to see her fly tomorrow.