ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V16DAF's Cup - RS2'd/B14/Wilwood/2118

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Dude that looks sweet not can't believe how much you've done to this car!

Can't wait to see her fly tomorrow.

Thanks ash, I'm between minds if I like it or not, I'll see what you guys reckon tomorrow

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Clio 172 Cup Project!!

Thanks mate, I hope it will be worth the effort, I've got normal red VHT paint as opposed to the wrinkle effect, I do really like the wrinkle effect but I want the paint to match up with the manifold if I can. Cross fingers, did you do yours when the engine was cold? and then start the car up to dry the paint?

Yes mate; once it was cool enough to strip a couple of bits off it was sprayed.

Then put it back together and started it to get some heat :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Looking good matey! You need to source a better camera though ;)

Lol, I know. Only my iPhone camera!! Any news on the 172 coil pack mount and bolts too James? It fell off tonight and burned the coil pack a little on the manifold

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

I Should have x2 in stock & ready to go next week, Shall drop you a text when's its in the post ;)

Any questions just give me a bell!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I Should have x2 in stock & ready to go next week, Shall drop you a text when's its in the post ;)

Any questions just give me a bell!

Brilliant, thanks. Also I'm really impressed on how the car pulls now. Very pleased, mapping is in 3 weeks so I'll keep you in the loop. And brilliant news that you are still offering these kits. Best of luck to you

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Dephaser problem is starting to arise, so the car has been booked in with Dan in 519 automotive for belts and dephaser a week Saturday, before the mapping at RS tuning the following Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 cup RS2 - 330ci

IMG_9276.jpg
IMG_9277.jpg

Proper photos :evil:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
After a little 6 hour round trip to Danny 519 today I'd like to say how friendly and very knowledgeable this chap is! Well worth the trip.

Learnt a lot more about my Clio just talking to him as he worked on the car.

On the way down I averaged 36mpg, same driving style on the way back and I was getting 42mpg! Turned out the garage that done the belts for me a few years ago had got the timing wrong.

All I can say is the car pulls so much better, runs smooth and starts up perfectly!

Well worth it and he will be receiving more work from me in the future!

Car feels strong now, mapping is next Thursday in RS tuning at 10 am. Can't wait :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
did you leave the rocker cover on whilst you painted it ?

Yeah, just made sure I covered absolutely everything in the engine bay before I started!

577138e2-fdb2-d15f.jpg

That's how I started it, but covered more after as it gets everywhere!! Lol

Ollie's Silver Cup

That's how I started it, but covered more after as it gets everywhere!! Lol

Have you felt the paintwork since doing the rocker cover? I had to clay the car as it had left residue on near enough the entire car! :dead: lol!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

How did you get a straight line? And is it the crinkle paint stuff?

Looks good either way

Straight line with the head you mean? I just made sure I covered everywhere I didnt want the paint to hit, simple really. No this is just normal VHT Paint, I chose it as I thought it would match the Jenvey manifold better

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Have you felt the paintwork since doing the rocker cover? I had to clay the car as it had left residue on near enough the entire car! :dead: lol!

No I havn't to be honest, I did wash the car after finishing though, so I hope it did the trick!!!! I'll have to check it!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Really enjoyed reading this little project thread. Nice to see something mildly modified to give great results in all the right places, touch more power, better brakes and great suspension.

There is only one thing you're missing which will really improve the handling.....a Whiteline Rear ARB, you need to get one trust me. I've had whitelines on all 3 of my clios and they totally transform the car

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Really enjoyed reading this little project thread. Nice to see something mildly modified to give great results in all the right places, touch more power, better brakes and great suspension.

There is only one thing you're missing which will really improve the handling.....a Whiteline Rear ARB, you need to get one trust me. I've had whitelines on all 3 of my clios and they totally transform the car

I have been thinking of that! I did originally order one in the beginning of the year, but the stock rang out in the country. It's probably my next upgrade though.

Thanks for your comments, ps the bilsteins are already due for a refurb! Only covered around 35k on them! Bloody Welsh roads ;-)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Demon Tweeks informed me today that the B14's are out of warranty, and the chap suggested I buy new ones and mine might be the old design and could be unfixable!!!!! 2 years f***** old!!!!

Not the service I was expecting TBH after spending just short of a grand two years ago. Think I will be writing a complaint to the manager!!

Any way I rang Bilstein UK after and spoke to a mechanic and they do refurbs. The manager wasn't there till tomorrow so I'll be having a chat with him tomorrow.

A very unhappy man at the moment!

Exhaust seems to be blowing again somewhere, so gonna have a look at it tomorrow before mapping on Thursday

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Let me know how you get on. If they're un-fixable I'll do you a deal on some new Spax :) They're better anyway ;) :p

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Car went on the rollers at RS Tuning on Thursday and it went on with 172bhp pre map and came out with 183.4 bhp and a max torque figure of around 155. Graphs to follow. But the car has transformed

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Above is the result you see above from RS Tuning, I am pretty happy with how the kit has preformed. The car pulls like a train and the new rev limit makes driving the car so much more exciting. I honestly cant wait for my next track day, I think I'll be scaring a few cars with the RS2 and R888 combination :approve:.

The car hasnt reached the higher HP of some other RS2'd cars but I have been comparing my graph with other RS2'd cars and mine seems to be strong lower down and mid range. If I'm honest I had my doubts on the RS2 setup before fittment, but you really need to drive one to understand how the power is delivered. For me it was a worthwhile investment and its put a smile on my face. If I was to go back in time I would take the same route.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, this is one of the nicest cups I seen :)

See you post in my hi-spec thread then see your project thread so thought Id have a little looksy. Very nice. Love that engine bay. Im thinking of getting an rs2 next year and seeing yours makes me want one even more. Well done mate :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Mate, this is one of the nicest cups I seen :)

See you post in my hi-spec thread then see your project thread so thought Id have a little looksy. Very nice. Love that engine bay. Im thinking of getting an rs2 next year and seeing yours makes me want one even more. Well done mate :)

Hi mate,

Thanks very much for your comments. The car could do with a respray here and there now though, few stone chips are showing up on the bonnet and bumper :dapprove:

Have you decided to go for the 4-pots? My mate had a go in my car the other night (The one that owns the RS Turbo in my thread). He said the car felt quick and he absolutely loved the braking power, he said it gave him confidence to go fast.