ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V16DAF's Cup - RS2'd/B14/Wilwood/2118

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

Thanks very much for your comments. The car could do with a respray here and there now though, few stone chips are showing up on the bonnet and bumper :dapprove:

Have you decided to go for the 4-pots? My mate had a go in my car the other night (The one that owns the RS Turbo in my thread). He said the car felt quick and he absolutely loved the braking power, he said it gave him confidence to go fast.

Well when you drive hard these stone chips will appear ;)

Yes 4 pots is defo on the cards, early Xmas present for myself :) can get a discount for the hi-spec ones so it's looking like there the ones I'm getting.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Well when you drive hard these stone chips will appear ;)

Yes 4 pots is defo on the cards, early Xmas present for myself :) can get a discount for the hi-spec ones so it's looking like there the ones I'm getting.

Good good, Jam Sport are good as well. They offer a bell and rotor one now

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
So after pulling the B14's off a few weeks ago and putting the standard suspension back on I've tracked down someone who can service the dampers. Fred at BTM is gonna send em to zee Germans

All packed and ready to go tomorrow.

545db6a2-a451-63e2.jpg

going back to the standard suspension hasn't been as bad as I thought. They are pretty good standard, although the ride height looks c**p now. The car dosent feel as planted

Refurb will cost approximately £120 each, but it's better than buying new ones! I was planning on going to Oulton Park on the 17th of Feb. But I'll be waiting now just incase the Billies don't come back in time

I really wanna buy a second car now, so I can stop using the Clio as a daily, and keep it as a summer wknd and track toy. Plan is to fully strip the car once I track down a car.

Gonna try and convince the newly engaged mrs too buy me an engagement present! Lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Well big changes are gonna happen to the Clio! Just bought a 306 hdi last night, picking her up on Friday :). The cup will be coming off the road for a bit now, plans are the following -
  • Remove rear axle - sand blast and re-spray red - Whiteline rear arb fittment
  • Fully strip the interior - remove sound deadening etc / door cards / Grinding off brackets - make some plastic door cards in place
  • Bimarco Futuras and 4 point harnesses (after I sell some parts)
  • Fit 2118's
  • I wanna spray the calipers, including the wilwood ones, possibly red to match the engine bay and rear axle
  • Camber bolts up front, re-fit Bisteins once they come back and set her up
  • Remove front hubs, sand blast them and respray.
  • Underseal the car again, including arches.
  • Fit varley red top racing battery under the passanger seat
  • Remove rear badges, fill in clio holes and respray

Hoping to get the car down to around 900 kg, with 183.4 bhp it should be good for around - 203bhp / ton - Currently its around 174 bhp / ton which should make a bit of a difference

Future plans will be -

• Fit Oreca race cage
  • Respray car

Plan is to use the car as a summer toy, weekend fun and track days :evil:

Some standard bits will soon be up for sale :star:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Like the sound of the plans. Should be great fun going from 306 HDI - Clio when you do use it.

Exactly my thoughts! The 306 should be a nice daily, half leather interior and a comfy drive. Always been my plan for a while getting a daily

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You'll appreciate the clio even more when you get in it.

I've taken to driving very sensibly when doing normal driving, no overtaking, 65 on the motorway, and now when I go for a proper blast, I'm appreciating the car so much more.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
You'll appreciate the clio even more when you get in it.

I've taken to driving very sensibly when doing normal driving, no overtaking, 65 on the motorway, and now when I go for a proper blast, I'm appreciating the car so much more.

True!! When I havent been in it for a while it feels quick and nimble.... I'm giving her the life she is crying out for...

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Bit of progress already -

Gave the cup a good clean before she was tucked away in the workshop

5b7d53ae-5be6-74e6.jpg

Turinis cleaned, planning on selling these. Holding them for someone who has already enquired.

5b7d53ae-5d3e-e86c.jpg

They look so good! Don't wanna sell em really but no point keeping two sets for a wknd car.

Also started to remove my sound system.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
New 306 -

5b7d53ae-b616-afc4.jpg

I was tidying it up today and while pulling the hideous back spoiler I smashed the glass to pieces!!

It's insured thank god!! Autoglass fixing it on Sunday :)

5b7d53ae-b68b-b4d3.jpg

Both together - 90 bhp vs 183 ;-)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Took the rear axle off today, Bit of work getting some bolts off! Had to give Fred a quick call to see how one bolt would come out by the fuel tank. His answer was to drop the fuel tank. Job done :) cheers Fred

57719ccd-7e5a-ae71.jpg

57719ccd-7e69-d151.jpg

Plan is to sand blast it back to bare metal and Respray it yellow or red. Torn between the two really? And I might fit camber shims while it's off.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Hi mate,

I remember it being around -0.5. With the passenger side being closer to 0 as I knocked it in the snow a few years ago. Wander if there is anything I can do to it to straighten it a little? Also I noticed the rubber bearings on the axle move quite a bit! Are there kits available to make them stiffer as I bet it'll make a difference! Thanks for the link

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,

I remember it being around -0.5. With the passenger side being closer to 0 as I knocked it in the snow a few years ago. Wander if there is anything I can do to it to straighten it a little? Also I noticed the rubber bearings on the axle move quite a bit! Are there kits available to make them stiffer as I bet it'll make a difference! Thanks for the link

It's possible to machine the stub axle surfaces I believe so. Not sure how much that would cost though. If that's case with 1/2 degree difference you can shim it 1/2 degree more that corner, not ideal but without machining or replacement beam only real way.

Pure-Motorsport do a rear beam bearing kit. Have a look at their site they make a lot of nice part.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
It's possible to machine the stub axle surfaces I believe so. Not sure how much that would cost though. If that's case with 1/2 degree difference you can shim it 1/2 degree more that corner, not ideal but without machining or replacement beam only real way.

Pure-Motorsport do a rear beam bearing kit. Have a look at their site they make a lot of nice part.

It's around 0.15 or 0.20 out. Is that 15 or 20 minutes? I've had a look at there site, just what I need really! What would you recommend as a degree for the back wheels in total? Any one used them bearing kits before?

Yes got all of the bearing kits on the front and they are great! What are your plans for the car though as rose joints dont take well to dirt and road use so more designed to be race/track only car :) Rally cars that use them normally have covers over them to prevent them from getting ruined and also they are replaced quite often

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yes got all of the bearing kits on the front and they are great! What are your plans for the car though as rose joints dont take well to dirt and road use so more designed to be race/track only car :) Rally cars that use them normally have covers over them to prevent them from getting ruined and also they are replaced quite often

Thanks for your input, car is going to be a track car / summer only use. Plans are for it not to have any bad weather on it etc, so I suppose I'd be ok?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
It's around 0.15 or 0.20 out. Is that 15 or 20 minutes? I've had a look at there site, just what I need really! What would you recommend as a degree for the back wheels in total? Any one used them bearing kits before?

1degree=60min. Double check what it is whether its degrees and minutes or its down as decimal of a degree.

Mines around 1.5 degrees on the back iirc. Which is standard and untouched.

Think a couple if the lads running race car clios were looking at them, can't remember who though and if they did.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
1degree=60min. Double check what it is whether its degrees and minutes or its down as decimal of a degree.

Mines around 1.5 degrees on the back iirc. Which is standard and untouched.

Think a couple if the lads running race car clios were looking at them, can't remember who though and if they did.

Thanks Keith, what I might do is get a magnetic camber tool so I can roughly check what each side is at and buy different sized shims for each side after.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
57719ccd-904a-32ac.jpg

Removed the brakes, wishbone, hub and driveshafts today. Same plan as the axle really. Sandblast and paint.

I am on the verge of removing the subframe as well. Does not look too hard as I've done the hardest part (I think).

Underneath the cup will look mint all cleaned up and sprayed yellow :)

Seeing as the power steering unit is so close and easy to changeover for a dci rack I might do it. Any thoughts / opinions on this?

57719ccd-9129-cb1b.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Subframe dropped today, wasn't too hard. The steering rack was the most awkward to get off. I think it will be frustrating putting it back!

57719ccd-ed97-2763.jpg

Got all the parts together and steam cleaned them. Used gunk to get some grime off the same time. Need to locate a sand blaster now :)

57719ccd-eddc-0291.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Bucket seats ordered today, should be with me beginning of next week.
Tracked down an old school friend who has a sand blaster. He is going to do the parts for me and paint them up for £50 :)

Decided on doing the parts yellow, apart from the driveshafts which will be red

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
This is going to be awesome when it's all back together again Daf :)

What buckets did you go for?

Cheers mate, hopefully be back on the road for June!

58685493-0765-0556.jpg

These mate, but didn't go for the Renault logo as they would have cost £35 per seat more. Don't think it's worth £70!!!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Parts have been dropped off today for blasting. I have bought bonda anti rust zinc primer, been advised it's very durable by the paint shop. As a top coat I've gone for a flashy yellow. Called Iveco IC089 Giallo Scuolabus. Hopefully the finished items will look good!

I haven't took the driveshafts as the sand would have damaged the bearings. Cleaned them up and gave them some red VHT crinkle paint

5284e5ce-e52e-04a6.jpg

Need to change the outer cv boots before they go back on

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Seats have arrived :)

5771c59e-10fe-61cd.jpg

Been sitting in it playing forza 4. There so comfy :) Can't wait to get them fitted