ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox

Insignia SRi
Na mine doesnt even touch the coolant hose, even if it does move slightly i have the bulky side of the jubilie clip there to stop it. (I had that propblem with the poxy simota, split my coolant hose twice)

Golf GTD Mk7
I think it was def worth it, my car as standard ran 161hp, got it on the rollers yesterday after adding ktec exhaust, matched inlets, remap and V6 airbox with ITG filter and it made 170hp!!

Thought it would have made more than that, still not bad though.

R26
Do you just take the ducting to the bottom grill? Is there something to zip tie it to? Going to pop into renault tomorrow to get the box ordered :)

Golf GTD Mk7
the 102 ducting won't fit down into the arch on the FF, but not sure about the cup. You'll have to remove or modify the horn location, remove the acoustic valve and see. Both easy jobs. There will be no need to zip tie as it will more than likely be a squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Insignia SRi
Yeah i was kind of hoping for more but iv got a few ideas and prob going to play around with the mapping to see if i can sqeeeze a few more hp out of, it feels so much more urgent on the round now though.

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah i was kind of hoping for more but iv got a few ideas and prob going to play around with the mapping to see if i can sqeeeze a few more hp out of, it feels so much more urgent on the round now though.

did you do the mapping yourself? live mapping on RR?

ur megane r26
i tried to run mine down by the arch but the ducting is far too big how have people ran it past their grill? anyone got any closer pictures or can get some?

cheers

Insignia SRi
Iv got the RS Tuner on it at the moment but am thinking about paying RS Tuning a visit for a live map at the moment??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's mine...

IMAGE_057.jpg

With this, a Ktec stealth exhaust, R-Sport ECU, and no power-steering it gives a consistent 186 bhp. Fitting this and removing the power steering gave me 10 bhp, so that's about 3bhp or so just for this filter.

i tried to run mine down by the arch but the ducting is far too big how have people ran it past their grill? anyone got any closer pictures or can get some?

cheers

Mine ends here...

IMAGE_058.jpg

It's strictly for Cup owners only though unless you rip out your air-con.

You've got to be happy with losing the fuel rail guard as well.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
DSCF0677.jpg

Fitted into the standard airbox location. That & a ktec stealth gave me 177bhp at Surrey Rolling Road on a 172 cup.

Great mod imho. In fact, im going to fit one to my vts ...

So what box is this, clio V6?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
So the difference between the Espace box, and phase 1 172 box is the intakes?

Been a while since i've been round the 'in' mods on the 172's. I used to have a Maxogen on my old Cup

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
can someone give the part no. for the clio phase 1 airbox as iam interested in ordering 1 up as it is designed for the clio after all with the 2 smaller intakes unlike the espace v6 airbox with 1 large air intake.

sorry but on merlin motorsport im finding it hard to source the ITG filter i need with the airbox, even wit the code on here, sorry, help please :)

clio sport 182
the actual code is.................... itg-bh203
i had bother trying to find it aswell when i was looking
i ended up buying this from ruderacing.co.uk.................PX1486
just personal preference, there is a kandn one aswell

Clio RS 172
I think it's better phase 1 airbox...have 2 small hole but the area are in total bigger than V6...i'ts better 2 small because the pressure remain too high...it's the same case of water...

3619707252_7c89e844ac.jpg

3618892139_9870590ba9.jpg

This is my setup...with the pipercross CAF