ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox????

PH2 172
I'm thinking of getting a v6 airbo iv had a price for the box from Renault but they don't know nothing about the strap which is used to secure it. Does this come with the box or is this separate as they don't have a clue what comes with the airbox or how it's fixed to the car. Help would be appreciated cheers.

Golf GTD Mk7
box comes on it's own with filter and the strap is a seperate part number. Do a search (soooo many threads on this) and you'll find the part number. Think bomber posted them. Depending on you battery setup, you might not need the strap as it's going to be pretty tight in there anyway.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No strap needed ... Mine just sits there ..

5418784349_7c1651f540_z.png

V6 + Samco fitted by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Go to Wests Renault .. was about £60 posted.

Fiesta ST-2
No difference, its the same box. JMS kit just comes with the pipercross filter/breather filter/induction bend.

PH2 172
Wests Renault said £61 for it. Tempted get one they looks better in there aswell Then the standard box

172DD Cup
if it's all down to the noise, can you not do a max power job and cut the hole bigger on the original box? or is it because the surface area of the filter inside the v6 airbox is greater than the flat filter in the standard box?

Stripped yozza'd cup
if it's all down to the noise, can you not do a max power job and cut the hole bigger on the original box? or is it because the surface area of the filter inside the v6 airbox is greater than the flat filter in the standard box?

I'd like to know this too... everybody loves a bit of induction noise :)