ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 espace airbox straight off TB, now fouling my returnpipe on header tank

Right so ive now fitted my race battery last night and relocaetd my airbox straight of the TB. Now im having problems with the airbox fouling the top return pipe on my header tank.

Ive tried twisting it out the way but no joy at all, i dont want to have to buy a new or smaller alloy header tank or buy a 45 degree elbow to move the airbox out the way slightly.

I know some of you have relocated battery and moved ecu flat to gearbox mount and now have your airbox straight of the TB using a short straight coupler. how did you avoid the fouling business?

alternativley is there any small hatchbacks out there that use smaller header tanks that i can whip one of from?

cheers, pete

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Cut a small angle on your new pipe that links the Airbox to TB & should give you the deisred space, Up-rated engine mounts are advised to prevent any further movement

ahh do you mean cut the coupler on the TB end on a slight shamfer so that when its pushed on its sits on an angle away from pipe?

i was thinking about just getting a braided line to replace it, allthough strong it would look silly going to a platic bottle. but the cars built for function not form. oh and are you still selling the piper cross race element?

il be getting new uprated mounts when i come to see for rs2xtra next summer ;)

CLIO PH1 172
yep slight angle but iirc my pipe is still bent a tad (not pinched though)
IMG_8047.jpg

yeah in the standard position mt airbox rubbed against the bottom of the return pipe hose and burst it, and i dont want that hapening again, allthough its pushed agaisnt my top pipe now im not actually sure ifits rubbing or just pushing at it.

Italian 3.2 V6
Does this benifit the induction much then?

Has been proven to give more/better power? Or just more noise?

PSJ.

well to sum it up, throttle response has deffinatley improved, noticable differance straight away. And its feels more pokier and eager! all in all id deffinatley reccomend it. also you might want a use a race filter so its more free flowing, thats my personal 2p worth. As for benifiting the induction %100 yes as its more direct un restricted air flow with the mouth of the box right behind the headlight where all the cooler air is. cup racers used similar set up.

RS RIP
problem solved, ive made up a new braket for header tank, i now have complete clearance :d

I was also looking into this, mine still rubs after placing the box in an angle. PICS Please !? of how you replaced/redone the bracket :approve:

172/1.2/E30
Interested in pics of relocation bracket, too. My hose splitted an hour ago :(. Expansion tank completely empty...

il get some pics when weather sorts itself out, but honestly thers a few ways to do it that cropped up but the easiest way was just an aluminium plate/strip which can be baught so cheaply. just needs to be cut and drilled then fixed to existings studs and two other holes drilled part way along it to mount the tank. I could even make one up and send you it for £3 with new bolts and bracket.

Last edited:
  RS RIP
il get some pics when weather sorts itself out, but honestly thers a few ways to do it that cropped up but the easiest way was just an aluminium plate/strip which can be baught so cheaply. just needs to be cut and drilled then fixed to existings studs and two other holes drilled part way along it to mount the tank. I could even make one up and send you it for £3 with new bolts and bracket.

yeah sounds like just the way to do it, thought the same. Cheers

172/1.2/E30
didnt make a long trip, temperature was still ok, but will bleed the system after refitting and mount some hose-covers.

RS RIP

DONE ! 45 minute job , with triel and error half an hour extra :approve:

whoops i was ment to get pics wasnt i, il upload tomorrow, quite an easy solution for a pita problem, franx post a pic of your bracket your bracket

no worries mate, pics will be this afternoon, can only get it whilst its on the car as im abit busy to be taking it off then re fitting it.

i could nock one up for you and anyone else that needs one for £5 posted using better fixings and making it overall neater