ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 gone.....time for something quicker

E91 M Sport

Its been a strange 6 months of ownership, no car has ever caused me so much joy and pain in such a short space of time, but now I have sold the Mk1 V6. One experience I take away with me is knowing how absolutely useless the majority Renault dealers are, and how pathetic Renault Customer Service is as a backup....the day that all manufactures own all of their service centres cant come soon enough!

On a more positive note, what a car! The looks, the noise, the attention all made the V6 well worth the 18mpg and Insurance group 20. Its reputation for sh*t handling was a complete lie (try a Volvo S80 if you think a V6 cant do corners, then youll see) and hours of fun were had bombing up and down various A & B roads on cold and sunny mornings.

Shame the gearbox broke twice, the arch joins corroded and the power steering rumbled but thats why the French have a rubbish reputation, not that it mattered enough to spoil the good times. :D

Anyway, enough reminiscing about old times, Ive bought a faster car that Ive always felt a need to own once in my life....

http://www.racingpuma.plus.com/MRoadster.jpg

I used to own a Z3 2.8 a few years ago, and its fairly similar; the suspension is stiffer and above 4k rpm the acceleration is seriously rapid. Engine sounds smooooth.....although Ill be going to Pro-Speed soon to get those restrictive cats removed and get the noise that BMW didnt want me to hear :devilish:

And for all the Clio V6 owners (apart from those mental enough to have strapped TBs and chargers to them), here is the view I shall leave you with....;)
http://www.racingpuma.plus.com/MRoadster1.jpg

Weeman sucks ****

should have got the hard top version;) nice car though mate and so glad when i scrolled down and it had the double shotguns staring at me.

what power/figures do they push out?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 10 May 2005

should have got the hard top version;)

Nah, you pay more and get no sunshine!

321bhp, 236lb/ft (or 250-something, depending on where you read, not sure!) 0-60 is around 5 secs and 1/4 mile should be dispatched in a little over 13 seconds.

[Edited by miketheman2k on 10 May 2005 at 2:54pm]

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 10 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 10 May 2005

should have got the hard top version;)

Nah, you pay more and get no sunshine!

321bhp, 236lb/ft (or 250-something, depending on where you read, not sure!) 0-60 is around 5 secs and 1/4 mile should be dispatched in a little over 13 seconds.
Then you tune it! ;)

A mate had an M coupe a while ago which was stupidly quick, also without traction control is a bit of a handful in the wet. I remember him saying going over a manhole cover and the back end twitched slightly and that was in 4th..

Nice car anyway, have fun.......sideways :D

Rob

E91 M Sport

^^^ Apparently 355bhp is relatively easy to get, but I think most of my mods money will be going on chassis strength first - lol

Strut brace should be with me later on this week, a bit of a must for a 7-year old soft top.

Clio 182

Thats lovely mate! I take it thats the 3.2 lump from the m3 EVO? Whats the engine like in general? im looking at an e36 M3 evo next....

Mike, Sad to see the V6 go, glad you got an M though! did consider getting one myself before the V6, but heart ruled head & went for the vee.

happy motoring in it, im sure it will be more reliable.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

AC Schnitzer do a supercharger conversion........

400bhp, 420 lb ft.....

:devilish:you know it makes sense.

--chris

Engles Mummy

Nice car bud

two bad points though -

1. not a head turner

2. hair dressers car

Have fun!

Cheers, adam

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 10 May 2005

Thats lovely mate! I take it thats the 3.2 lump from the m3 EVO? Whats the engine like in general? im looking at an e36 M3 evo next....
Thats the one, except without the 6-speed box because it wont fit in.

Make sure you check carefully for any dodgy VANOS issues before buying, and then get some sort of warranty to cover it afterwards - big problems if it goes wrong.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by JAY BUNDHOO on 10 May 2005

Mike, Sad to see the V6 go, glad you got an M though! did consider getting one myself before the V6, but heart ruled head & went for the vee.

happy motoring in it, im sure it will be more reliable.
Cheers mate. I think Ill jinx it and say...what isnt! ;)

Street Triple R

I would really love one of these cars! these things are so quick, the hardtop version of this was one of the only cars ever to give me a challenge in the Evo

and i have to admit the sound of these things is lovely too!

Had they fixed the VANOS issues by the time this car was made?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 10 May 2005

I would really love one of these cars! these things are so quick, the hardtop version of this was one of the only cars ever to give me a challenge in the Evo

and i have to admit the sound of these things is lovely too!

Had they fixed the VANOS issues by the time this car was made?

Apparently the VANOS was a problem in a small number of the S50-engined cars which they fixed when the S54 (from the E46 M3) was used in 2001 onwards. Most of the M Roadsters are S50 though, so its worth checking.

I think the Z3s have got a perhaps undeserved bad press, they said they didnt handle well but we also had a 2.8 and i thought it delivered enough old school style thrills. A friend has an M Coupe and it is ferociously quick..

Should of got an NSX though!

-Rob

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 11 May 2005

I think the Z3s have got a perhaps undeserved bad press, they said they didnt handle well but we also had a 2.8 and i thought it delivered enough old school style thrills. A friend has an M Coupe and it is ferociously quick..

Should of got an NSX though!

-Rob
I think youre right Rob, the Z3 platform is proper retro, tail slides galore! The M Roadster gets a stiffer chassis, an LSD and obviously much more power which just makes it even easier to abuse :devilish:

And thanks for the advice, but I decided to take http://www.racingpuma.plus.com/HondaNSXBMWMRoadster.mpegTHE QUICKER CAR (right-click, save as)

[Edited by miketheman2k on 11 May 2005 at 1:23pm]