ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6: Is it really worth it

Golf R soon...
Just thinking about my next car would it be really worth getting a V6 clio or should I go for something different.

What do you think?

Daz

Engles Mummy
Depends what your after mate.

If I were you - I'd get it, just so you can say to people "I owned a v6 once"

If your not bothered about saying that, then don't bother getting one.

Golf R soon...
Depends what your after mate.

If I were you - I'd get it, just so you can say to people "I owned a v6 once"

If your not bothered about saying that, then don't bother getting one.

I would need to use it as a daily drive, just worried that I would get bored of it to soon, like you did! :D

Engles Mummy
Don't me wrong, they look the b****cks, but sadly that’s it :( which is why after 4 months of owning one I'm now getting rid of it.

The novelty on the v6 runs out quicker then a male orgasm.

VW Golf TDI
I had a v6 once, was a cavalier then me and my mate ripped it apart and put the engine in his tigra!!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I bought mine new in 2002 and sold it within 6 months - it attracted a lot of attention and made me feel supercool and that was it. It was sluggish, handled terrible and my 1988 Renault 21 turbo was faster. Buy one for the experience as Subway says and if you dont like it sell it

Golf R soon...
Chances are if I buy one I will keep it for a year or so. Should depreciate to much either!

Not sure on what colour though? Blue, black or silver I think!

Dyson
picture.jpg

Mate. Car p**n!! Nuf said!!!!!

Golf R soon...
It would have to the mk2 version with recaros I think! I want something a little different to my 182 interior!

^^

That is cool but I would prefer a blue one!

101971-1.jpg

Golf R soon...
Black gold is gorgeous as well!

media

I think the titanium silver suits the 182/v6 so well

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I test drove one and was really dissapointed. As said, they look AWESOME, but that's it.

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Every car nut should own a 911 at some point. Buy a good one that's done it's depreciating and keep it for a year, you should just about get your money back. Mine's for sale at the moment, will take a Clio in PX....

Leon Cupra R 225
Every car nut should own a 911 at some point. Buy a good one that's done it's depreciating and keep it for a year, you should just about get your money back. Mine's for sale at the moment, will take a Clio in PX....

Pics of your 911 mate?

We had ours for 2 years, and certainly didn't get bored of it, drove it everyday, it was my daily ride, in and out of London 2/3 times a week as well.
loved it, sorry it had to go, Trophy is nice, but not a patch on the V6 - it is completely different, the power band is not revvy like a 2.0 Renaultsport engine.
drove it on track as well, including Spa
most people who **** them off haven't owned one, and those that have and still **** it off clearly have no class ;)

I've owned one, they are not as quick as you think. Pretty torquey engines but sluggish and heavy. The main dissapointment for me was the handling. No where near as chuckable as my cup now. Turning circle is shite as you probably know as well. Coilpacks seem to go on them like buggery too. I had mine for around 6k miles I think and went through 2 coilpacks. They are only nice for 3 reasons.

1) Looks
2) Rare
3) They sound good

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
READ THE LATEST EVO,THAT SHOULD MAKE YOUR MIND UP!

- Doesn't EVO say you're better off with a 100HP Panda ?

*gets coat*

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
V6 won the test, turn the page and they put the V6 up against the Panda in a "real world" test. Amongst other quotes are "If what turns you on is simply always being the fastest from Alpha to Beta, then you'd better buy the Panda" , and "Renaultsports hot hatch on steroids has to be one of the slowest point-to-point cars out there". Now I'm no V6 hater, in fact quite the opposite - my daily driver is a car with similar characteristics,
and I'm the first to say that outright speed is only a part of why some of us drive quirky, unusual cars, but I do wonder what the point of this article was ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yellow looks s**t..The car looks 'Loud' anyway without adding a penis shrinking colour.

Blue or Mars for me.

My opinion on this changes with the weather, but what I can say for definite is this.

1.If I got one it would be a Mars Red 255
2.They really aren't 'that' fast
3.Too many better cars I want to own.

"If what turns you on is simply always being the fastest from Alpha to Beta, then you'd better buy the Panda"

well have EVO lost their minds?
even the Mk1 V6 has 165bhp per tonne to the panda's 101bhp, 300nm of torque to the panda's 124nm.
147mph top end to the Panda's 115mph.... they must have surely lost their marbles, or maybe they just can not drive a RWD car?
I know the Mk1 clio was a bit of a handfull, but still, seems like a silly statement to say a 100bhp Panda is better....pmsl ;)

my wifes 98bhp Mk3 Dynamique has about the same spec as the panda and feels damn slow compared to my vee :)

Simon

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
The gist of the article seemed to be if you want to drive quickly in the rain on tricky roads a shopping trolley on bicycle tyres is easier than a mid engined supercar. No s**t Sherlock !

My opinion on this changes with the weather, but what I can say for definite is this.

you clearly haven't been on a track with JT - believe me, they are faster than the figures suggest, and driveable round a track fast with the right driver - they will beat all the cups / 182's (except for very heavily modified ones) etc., if you can handle it.

I've owned one, they are not as quick as you think. Pretty torquey engines but sluggish and heavy. The main dissapointment for me was the handling. No where near as chuckable as my cup now. Turning circle is s**te as you probably know as well. Coilpacks seem to go on them like buggery too. I had mine for around 6k miles I think and went through 2 coilpacks. They are only nice for 3 reasons.

1) Looks
2) Rare
3) They sound good

we did over 40k in ours, in 2 years, and never had a problem, with anything at all - perhaps you were unlucky - or is there a difference between Mk1 and Mk2?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

you clearly haven't been on a track with JT - believe me, they are faster than the figures suggest, and driveable round a track fast with the right driver - they will beat all the cups / 182's (except for very heavily modified ones) etc., if you can handle it.

Hummm...I've seen vids that prove other wise. A 182 on coils will keep up!

Although i know which i'd rather have.

PH1_172
im in love with the V6 im trying to sway the boyfriend to flog the m3 for a v6 as his daily drive but a mkII in Illiad Blue, there just lovely looking and sounding, although i have a video clip of a Integra Type R Vs Clio V6 and the Integra does pretty damn well against it prob doen to its metally long res and gear ratio

Renault ChaVio
The Vee is a great car. It is a rarity that has never been properly understood but in a way that is what makes it so special. I love reading comments about how they are not fast and can be outrun by a 182 or the likes... depends who is driving I guess. I have only ever come up across on 182 who was really up for it and the Vee didn't just edge away from it – it totally destroyed it. It has a lot more power and a lot more grip. I am not slagging the 182 off, it is a great car and makes fantastic use of its lightweight advantage on the road... just saying that anyone who thinks one is faster than a Vee doesn't quite know what they are talking about or doesn't quite have the ability to get the best from a Vee as it is not easy.

Nice to see EVO give it the nod against some truely special cars like the Esprit Turbo, Chimera, RS2 and the like. We sometimes get carried away with the figures that tell us which car is half a second quicker to 60mph and who has 5mph more top speed when the reality is in a road car it does not matter that much. If it feels fast, you can enjoy driving it and you smile everytime you get in it then it is a good car (well, in my eyes!). My Vee does that everyday. I don't remember it feeling slow when I had 157mph out of it on Christmas day or saying to myself "this car looks great but it really isn't that fast and it feels heavy".

If you want one, get one.