ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6: Is it really worth it

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
liquid yellow or arctic blue for me ^

Its not called artic blue, as I have learnt its actually illiad blue

Liquid gold is pure sex as well!

125324-2.jpg

Daz how many times do i have to tell you. It's LIQUID f**king YELLOW!!!!

BMW 330D
I love the v6's, especially the liquid yellow ones, but for one as a daily drive i couldnt live with it. It would have to be a second/weekend car for me.

visualize whirled pe
If it feels fast, you can enjoy driving it and you smile everytime you get in it then it is a good car (well, in my eyes!). My Vee does that everyday.
If you want one, get one.

Too true, if performance figures are your 'thing' then buy a pack of Top Trumps, it's cheaper IMO. If you want to enjoy a car then you have to buy something that will make you happy every time you turn the key.

Golf R soon...
Sorry Dave and Rich :rasp:

I don't know where I get liquid gold from lol! :D

Having seen the lakes v6 pics I want a V6 even more now!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
id have a vee in acid yellow all day. If it gets boring then more than likely sell it on at the price you paid as the market is string (not if you own it 3 years and do 20k per year of course)!¬!

MK2 Clio V6 255
Come on Daz if you really want one why are you asking for opinions on here????

The vee gets a slagging at every opportunity.

If you want one that bad you shouldnt even care what people think/reckon. Just get out and get one;)

clio 172
my brother had a clio v6 and i drove it and it is bad the handling is terrible and it isnt even fast but if u want it to show of or to look good it is the car 4 u it turns heads like any ferrari that is the clio v6 mk 1

Golf R soon...
Come on Daz if you really want one why are you asking for opinions on here????

The vee gets a slagging at every opportunity.

If you want one that bad you shouldnt even care what people think/reckon. Just get out and get one;)

I would love one Den but I can't sell me car cause I owe far to much on it!

No one is going to want it at the price I paid :(

I'm getting one once I sell the coupe (yes I know i've been saying it for ages now lol:rasp: truth is I really don't wanna sell the 20vt:eek: )

I'm prob going for a mk1 though as tbh if I were to pour 17k or so into a car I don't think i'd get a clio.
The mk1 looks a much better bet for the money (12k) or so - If I get bored or I don't like it it'll prob get coliys on it & a set of recaros. One thing I oove about the mk2 though over the mk1 is the interior - the mk1 looks soo plasticky in comparison (i'd prob have to shove a mk2 dash etc in it)
I'll make my mind up on what I want soon when I sell my car.

Octy VRS
I like the Mk2 V6 a lot except for the scary lightness at the front end at speed and the interior. For the money I'd have thought they could have done better than whack in a standard Clio dash!
In a straight line from standing you aren't going to notice much difference over a 182 but at higher speeds, dropping down etc are where the fun's at. Oh, and the noise!

Lionel Richie
they're so much faster than 172's and 182's! especially from standing start (as long as you don't melt the clutch!)

Octy VRS
they're so much faster than 172's and 182's! especially from standing start (as long as you don't melt the clutch!)

Your talking what 0.5-1 sec quicker to 60, I don't know. Of course they are quicker but you don't get that sensation as it is a nice smooth delivery. I didn't notice a vast difference except at motorway speeds where it really shines. I'm not slating it, just pointing out what I felt as I was expecting more, still have one though!

E91 M Sport
My mk2 V6 felt 100x more special than my 182. It was the second V6 I owned and for a good reason; they get under your skin. If you're a petrol-head and like the idea, you'll love it.

Octy VRS
i don't think a 172 or 182 does 0-60 in 5.8sec

Neither do I. Add 0.5-1 sec to that like I said in my post! I'm saying you aren't going to notice a huge difference from standing as the power delivery is totally different. I'm not slating the thing I was just expecting something different!

cock mobile.
My mk2 V6 felt 100x more special than my 182. It was the second V6 I owned and for a good reason; they get under your skin. If you're a petrol-head and like the idea, you'll love it.

How did it compare to the Mk1 V6?

How did the Mk1 V6 compare to the 182?

LY V6 with Recaros
I love the vees, I'm trying to get a test drive of one soon, as I'd love to own one! Even if it is just for the looks, and then sell it if I got bored. At least I can say I've owned one. I just want to hold out until the mk2 prices drop, plus I want a Liquid yellow, which is going to be hard to get hold of probably!

Go for it if you want one! :)

Golf R soon...
If anyone wants an overpriced but well looked after 182 then call me :rolleyes:

Just want another test drive in a Vee before I commit!

Once I get three NCD then I will start looking!

MK2 Clio V6 255
If anyone wants an overpriced but well looked after 182 then call me :rolleyes:

Just want another test drive in a Vee before I commit!

Once I get three NCD then I will start looking!

Whats it worth Daz for ago in mine;)

2002 Clio Sport 172
I have a 172 and i love it and wouldnt change it for the world but the V6 is better!!!! :eek: But on that note as per TOP GEAR and THE SIG who u cannot question!!!! LOL the CLIO CUP is faster round a TRACK and thats a fact as per there website (TOP 100 CARS).. Linky below and the stats here for those who accept what is!!! :rasp:

Renault Clio Cup

Renault Clio v6

Linky :rasp:

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/

Oh and for all the clio owners ... the clio cup is 10 YES TEN cars faster than a Civic type R.... now thats sweet!!:lolup: and its beats a lotus elise and an Astin ooooooo.:eek:

PH1_172

Your talking what 0.5-1 sec quicker to 60, I don't know. Of course they are quicker but you don't get that sensation as it is a nice smooth delivery. I didn't notice a vast difference except at motorway speeds where it really shines. I'm not slating it, just pointing out what I felt as I was expecting more, still have one though!

0.5-1 sec in car sprints is quite alot of time so it is quite abit quicker really :quiet:

clio 172
my brother has a clio v6 and a renault 5 turbo and the 5 is quicker but after going in the 5 the the v6 feals so slow but in my eys the altimate renault is the valver tim xcliox

An orange one
all I can say is I had a mk1 for 14 months and loved every minute of it!

I only sold it due to wanting a newer car, with warranty and less milage and it had to be a mk2 :)

Its a completely different beast entirely, it feels far happier to rev, it actually corners and it just looks mad!

its also very very fast mid range and feels easily faster than my mums 182.

I have a 172 and i love it and wouldnt change it for the world but the V6 is better!!!! :eek: But on that note as per TOP GEAR and THE SIG who u cannot question!!!! LOL the CLIO CUP is faster round a TRACK and thats a fact as per there website (TOP 100 CARS).. Linky below and the stats here for those who accept what is!!! :rasp:

Renault Clio Cup

Renault Clio v6

The 182 was bone dry track, the V6 was FLOODED.....
Knock off 4s for the track difference and the V6 is faster.... :rasp: ;)

Simon

Renault Clio Cup

Renault Clio v6

The 182 was bone dry track, the V6 was FLOODED.....
Knock off 4s for the track difference and the V6 is faster.... :rasp: ;)

Simon

V6 came out at the same time, in the same conditions as an Aston Martin Vanquish (sp)! as per TopGear video

my brother has a clio v6 and a renault 5 turbo and the 5 is quicker but after going in the 5 the the v6 feals so slow but in my eys the altimate renault is the valver tim xcliox

I had a 5GT turbo for many years and in std form they are SLOW, however they can be tuned (mine was 200bhp and faster than my vee)) and then very fast up to 100mph ish, gearing lets them down after that :)

Simon

Renault ChaVio
I love that clip. Bought my car off the back of seeing that. Not many cars on the road as special as the Clio V6 and well worth the money they are now.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've had my impractical car for the time being - it'd be in my dream garage no question (In liquid yellow of course!) but I don't think for 1 second in 1min35 on a track (assuming the 4second rule counts) it's worth the lack of practicality.

I'd only buy it because it looks like sex on wheels - the only car that looks more menacing IMO is the Bugatti Veyron. There are prettier cars, but the Vee looks angry, mean... Almost the playground bully!