ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 replica

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
My opinon: Lose that silly black bonnet, spray it blue to match the body paint! It looks really chav'y

• Ph1 Dual Optic Headlights - would make a MASSIVE improvement to the front
  • Clear Side Repeaters (Lenses) - Cheap mod, £10 from ebay to lose those woeful orange
  • Silvatech / silvervision indicator and headlight bulbs - lose the orange tint!
  • Sort the back wheels, they are not out far enough as already mentioned!
  • Go back to the white wheels? the black against the blue really doesnt match well to be honest! Silver would be the best to get the replica look!
I hope you like my ideas, hope some havint been already mentioned lol Best of luck with the car! I can see the potential in it like you do so stick at it :approve:

clio 1.6 16v
Hi, there's nothing wrong with your project, i don't see where's the dificulty in putting that decent.

1st- Go to a place where they can make you the right wheels, or for instance buy some superturismo in 18 inches from oz racing and then go to a place to modify them to meet the necessary offset or approximately the necessary offset for the car, its not necessary for the wheel to make the whole job, you can "divide", for instance, you need it to go wider 40mm, so you can get 20 with the offset and another 20mm with spacers, totally safe, in portugal theres more than a company modifying wheels.

2nd- Go and get those coiloves that reach a max of 80mm drop, and if you need more than that, or if it gets really stiff, you can get them to a shock absorver office that modifies the dumper and the spring to meet what you want.

3rd- Ph1 Dual Optic Headlights

4th- I don't know what's the engine on that, but if its a 1.6 8v, why not turbo charge it, and leave it with rear seats, you would have a proper car then, ho by the way, it needs new paint job, just one color please.
regards
Of course its going to need some money, but at the end, if you like the aspect of the car is going to be pretty cool.

clio 1.6 16v
Why???:S

It'll never look like a rep with that sunroof anyway!

So what? If i likes it?! Whats wrong for you can be right for me, whats pretty for you can be ugly for me, what makes sense for you it is possible that dosen't makes sense for me and vice versa.
In here, it smells like commercial people everywhere, all with the same ideas, all with the same colors, all with the same wheels, not that that's bad, but in general people in here tend not to have there mind open for others ideas and thoughts.
regards

Rb 182
So what? If i likes it?! Whats wrong for you can be right for me, whats pretty for you can be ugly for me, what makes sense for you it is possible that dosen't makes sense for me and vice versa.
In here, it smells like commercial people everywhere, all with the same ideas, all with the same colors, all with the same wheels, not that that's bad, but in general people in here tend not to have there mind open for others ideas and thoughts.
regards

Thats Cliosport.net for you!

If it works for you go for it.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
regards

Why are you so bothered about my opinion it's not your V6 rep?

ibiza cupra
reps never get a warm welcome. if you are doing one, they hate it unless you do ir properly and if you do it properly they say you might as well get the real thing.
shame really as some reps on here are mint but dont get the recognition they should have for all the hard work that goes into them.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Some of the comments on here are quality!!!! PMSL!! Coilovers??? They would be worth more than the car ffs! OE V6 Wheels? Again they would be worth more than the car.

To be honest I think you will struggle to get the rear ride height anywhere near the stock height of a vee. And as for the wheel spacing, the sort you need will be huge. Check out Chop Shop on discovery channel for an idea. Wheels and Tyres need to look right and fill the arches to so go for the same profile on the 17" wheels as a standard vee. Not the lowest you can find.

Fact of the matter is, to get it looking right or pleasant to the eye you will spend cash!! Theres a rough Ph1 vee on pistonheads at the minute going for 6.5k....

what would you prefere? A s**t hot looking rep, or a half decent real one??

If its a good rep, fabricate some new rear suspension for a start. Preferably about 4 inches wider so the rear bearings wont melt after 10 miles. Then make some longer front bottom arms aswell as longer driveshafts.
Fog surrounds are 300 notes EACH so use the carbon ones off ebay at half the price. AP brakes arent too hard to get hold of but disks may cost you as they are 330mm.

Good luck with it fella,

Fabia VRS
My opinon: Lose that silly black bonnet, spray it blue to match the body paint! It looks really chav'y

• Ph1 Dual Optic Headlights - would make a MASSIVE improvement to the front
  • Clear Side Repeaters (Lenses) - Cheap mod, £10 from ebay to lose those woeful orange
  • Silvatech / silvervision indicator and headlight bulbs - lose the orange tint!
  • Sort the back wheels, they are not out far enough as already mentioned!
  • Go back to the white wheels? the black against the blue really doesnt match well to be honest! Silver would be the best to get the replica look!
I hope you like my ideas, hope some havint been already mentioned lol Best of luck with the car! I can see the potential in it like you do so stick at it :approve:

i agree.. if u got those all done, gave it a whole day clean and really spruced it up will look pretty good tbf.

Turbos.
First of all, i love the Hilux!

Just swap the wheels, they're not that great anyway. I would just ring up an alloy wheel distributor and ask offsets you can get OZs in (or at least some other decent wheel). Alternatively, get some made by the likes of Image.

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/large_wheel_pages/b109.html

I'd also find out what coilovers will go lowest. FKs are cheap and go down 85mm i believe. Fred got custom springs to go to 110mm, so maybe you can look into that?

I think you'll still have an issue though. I've seen a lowered replica before and the wheels don't sit quite right because the real thing has a different wheel base.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
should be ok if you get image wheels made to fill the arch / wide them with a good dish

clio v6, replica, pickup
I love all this controversey, it's great I challenge any one of you on here to say for a practical run around, you wouldn't have it for £500, all I want is for it to look more comfortable in it's own skin. Not an exact replica of the one I have in the garage! Mygf goes to UNi in Cardiff, the bridge toll for the truck is £13 each time and struggles 25 to the gallon, the real v doesn't see the road often, so this came up, I will keep you updated with what I do, but I'm limiting myself to 1k tops on this car, so we will see

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think its interesting what you're trying to do and love all the controversey, people hate the idea of spending anything on trying to make a car they dislike (a replica) any better, but spunking £5000 on making a clio faster recieves a warm welcome and not many "should have just bought something faster" comments.

Thats just the way this place works though.

Spacing out the rear wheels and getting the back lower is the first step no matter what for me mate. And painting the bonnet I think. Some dual optics headlights could be picked up pretty cheap and its an easy conversion, I did it this weekend.

clio 1.6 16v
First of all, i love the Hilux!

Just swap the wheels, they're not that great anyway. I would just ring up an alloy wheel distributor and ask offsets you can get OZs in (or at least some other decent wheel). Alternatively, get some made by the likes of Image.

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/large_wheel_pages/b109.html

I'd also find out what coilovers will go lowest. FKs are cheap and go down 85mm i believe. Fred got custom springs to go to 110mm, so maybe you can look into that?

I think you'll still have an issue though. I've seen a lowered replica before and the wheels don't sit quite right because the real thing has a different wheel base.
Great, that's what i also though.;)
PS:Robbos, you've said it all mate. regards

clio v6, replica, pickup
clio009.jpg

clio008.jpg

clio007.jpg

as you can see, she hasent been out for a while :(

clio v6, replica, pickup
na just a refletion
its mint... like mint mint, no scratches dents nothing, maybe the odd stone chip
22,000 on the clock :D

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
if you have a real v6 why are you doing a replica? or have you explained it all ready? and when you sell that hilux drop be a pm that will do nicely for work lol

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
He has a real V6, as pictures,

Still think you would be better off with a standard Clio rather than p*ssing your money away on making something look like something you already have,

Not a 320d
I think theres a guy on here named Ali, his is a replica so i hear, its got a 1.2 16v engine. Ive also read somewhere that hes a jew.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think theres a guy on here named Ali, his is a replica so i hear, its got a 1.2 16v engine. Ive also read somewhere that hes a jew.
You read correct.

It's an 8v campus engine tho.

Why in gods name isn't he using his v6 and why in gods name would he build a rep! FFS!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But that v6 doesn't get driven at all!

On his avatar he has v6 rep/ :S If I had a v6 I think I would put that down first no?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Why in gods name isn't he using his v6 and why in gods name would he build a rep! FFS!

Thank god it's not just me that's confused!

I'd love the rep to have a sticker saying 'My other car's a real one' :cool: