ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 replica

clio v6, replica, pickup
i know ill probobly get stick, again for this one
but i actually think this little car has potential so am trying to realise it
this is how i got it
Picture026.jpg

and now looks like this
clio-1.jpg

i know it still needs lowering, but really not sure what its already been lowered by
so had to guage how much i need to go
im then going to cage it buckets and harnesses
and widen the rear wheels a bit as they look stupid!
but let me know what you think
have i made it better...or worse, would be cool to hear peoples opinions

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Cage not a good idea if you want it to really look like a v6 though? Fake engine cover?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That second pic... the background just seems so fitting.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
it looks better i suppose but still not great, i think i saw this in lincoln for sale about a year ago, replicas never look good as its hard to get the wheels spaced out enough and get it low enough to look right

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
needs lots of lowering, lots of spacing, and dual optics up front for a start,

perhaps try and get hold of the v6 alloys too,
and paint the bonnet the correct colour.

have you painted the bar in the front grill black??

and if you get the money paint it a proper v6 colour,

fair play for having a go tho mate.

ur megane r26
you have definately made it look better, but it still needs alot of work to get it looking anywhere near a v6, as you say needs lowering, probly best suited for coilovers as you can adjust it accordingly, dual optics, spray the bonnet same colour as car, wider stance with the wheels, v6 alloys.... and so on.

Needs a bit of work fella but fair play for going ahead with it if that is what you like

clio v6, replica, pickup
no i completely agree
i still needs on hell of alot of work
and although my thread says v6 replica,
i really have no intention of fooling anyone, i just want it to look right in its own skin...
if you know what i mean, so i have no probs with putting a cage etc in
the wheels and lowering are my biggest probs atm
the back hasent changed apart from clack mesh and the removal of the tacky 16v badge

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
it looks better i suppose but still not great, i think i saw this in lincoln for sale about a year ago, replicas never look good as its hard to get the wheels spaced out enough and get it low enough to look right

yours is a good rep addz , must of took alot of time gettin that right ;)

172 cup
Im sorry but thats awful, I dont like V6's to start with so nevermind a replica. They are the type of car that people shouldnt even try to replicate.

How much did you pay for it out of interest?

BMW M5 & E36

You did indeed. Comedy:

DSCN3438.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
aha yep thats it, used to work right near it.

lower and wheels are definatly the first things to change imo if you plan on keeping it, cool pickup too!

clio v6, replica, pickup
no definately agree
but the spacers are huge atm, would wider tyres help?
and i was thinking 18z with a better offset
when i get the money
and how much can i lower until i start breaking the kit :eek:
and thanks for the pickup, that currently is my daily drive hence the purchase of this lol

S4 Avant
I'd say trying to get that looking like a V6 is a lost cause, Adam knows for sure, but the price of the wheels is rediculous because of the offsets. By the time you've spent all the money trying to make it look like a clio V6, you may as well have bought one.

What size engine is in it at the moment anyway?

clio v6, replica, pickup
i think its a 1.6 8v??
but im not sure, the one with a huge air box ontop of the engine
and i only bought it as a run around, not to show or anything like that
ill lower it as much as i can
and widen the tyres to start...as i like the wheels atm anyway
and see where that gets me... it just looks plain silly at the back lol

Engles Mummy
it's not a bad replica. The best replica one i've seen is this one -

Image039-1.jpg

Image043.jpg

it's almost like the real thing!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
wider back wheels with a big offset (or small offset, i forget which way) would be better than huge spacers, just for safety really..

yeah genuine vee wheels are stupidly expensive due to them only fitting the one car and made to roder from OZ i think

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Does look better, but it still looks wrong. Your going to have to spend a lot to make that look half decent.

Love the truck though, run over the clio with it? lol

Nike Lunar Elite's
wider back wheels with a big offset (or small offset, i forget which way) would be better than huge spacers, just for safety really..

yeah genuine vee wheels are stupidly expensive due to them only fitting the one car and made to roder from OZ i think

You'd need hub adapters too as the v6 is 5 stud iirc.

clio v6, replica, pickup
yea i cant be doing with 5 studding it etc
whats the point when i have a real one, lol
i think, everyone, including myself knows its never ever going to fool anyone for the real deal
but surely it would be much more sad and pathetic if i was trying to do so and pass it off as a fake
any idea how much i need to lower it though?
cheers
chris

Last edited:
  200 FF Storm Grey
I don't like it 2bh mate but each to their own, the rear wheels are the biggest prob at mo i'd say

?
Tbh mate; seeing as you didnt get it for much and you know its not worth the money making it look like a v6 just make the most of what you got? Tidy it up, lower it and sell it on :)

Gees you people are sad really, biggest bunch of pesimists ive seen in ages (related to all those being pesimistic) ... never work, scrap it bla bla bla, he already said he just wants to make it look better and not pass it of as the real thing ... i say props to ya mate for taking it on and having a go, and if i were you id get it done as best as i can just to show all the whiny bit**es on here how wrong they are.

many things were once seen as impossible until people actually started doing them

Go for it mate and good luck, and yes you did make it look a bit better than before ;)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
looks better, get it dropped alot more, get wheels made up, image wheels are good company may be worth going to see them and get the right spec made