ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VAG 1.8 20v Remaps

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has just got a 1.8 20v and said he thinks you can get trial remaps? Any idea who might offer such things?

Also, for a Golf 150bhp Gti. Who tends to offer the best maps for a standard car? Ta!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
jabbasport probably best place to go. Ko4 turbo or ko3s upgrade is a very worthwhile mod. The standard intercooler is the size of a matchbox so a fmic is also money well spent

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Revo do a trial remap think it lasts a week then it runs out

Trust me if he has the trial he will be buying the full version within 2 days :D

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
as said jabba motorsport is up there with the best wen comes to VAG's my mate got an extra 50bhop from his s3 once mapped by jabba

Punto JTD
Check out the Golf forum, there are loads of information on there. It will get expensive if you need a new clutch which is mostly the case.

Monaco 53/468
Revo do 5hr trial, you can use the car for say 2hrs, have a kip then hop back in your motor and carry on with your trial, you dont have to use 5hrs in one go is what I'm saying!

don't forget apr do trial maps. Depending on where your based try awesome. Other than that jabbasport, p-torque offer good remaps.

For the golf pd150 I'd go custom and ask for the sensible torque amoun or say bye bye to your clutch/flywheel.

2002/02 172
go Jabbasport, Revo didn't have the best rep when I had my LC. Jabba did the business for me. AmD technik also had a good rep

Polo + Micra
i've got an apr remap on my polo (which was 150"bhp")

they do a 6 hour trial iirc

also i'm glad i did as i'm getting a free stage 2 upgade when i have my milltek fitted

320d
I wouldn't fancy the trail tbh. Half way through an overtaking manouver "oh s**t there goes 50bhp, oh no i'm not actually going to make it around this car before that bend...."

Polo + Micra
don't forget apr do trial maps. Depending on where your based try awesome. Other than that jabbasport, p-torque offer good remaps.

For the golf pd150 I'd go custom and ask for the sensible torque amoun or say bye bye to your clutch/flywheel.

think you getting confused there as the pd engines are diesels not petrols

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well he's had a Revo map. Its completely changed the car tbh! It only has the map and a filter and it sees off alot. *cough* 182 * cough*

I'm tres impressed.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
we do a 7day money back deal if your not happy we remove the file from the car and give a full refund. alot of tuners work this way now. so far we havnt had any complaints with them so they obviously work.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The transformation really is massive. Should be interesting what stage 2 etc is like

try bill at badger5 in stroud, top bloke and knows his stuff, he has got a 600bhp ibiza so knows a hell of a lot about 1.8t engines, revo are the only company who do free trials??? once the trial ends though it actually makes your car slower than it was as it sets it to revo's settings, slower than standard, so it kinda makes you wanna get a map as soon as its ended

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would say jabbasport because im local and im mates with all of the guys there. top service, friendly and reasonable price. they are the only people that touch the clio.

ValverInBits
^ if you really really string them out they get to about 190bhp or something
180bhp is normal i think from a K03 (turbo) remap.

ValverInBits
yeah it's reliable. I spose the worst you could do is blow the turbo, but you can do that with enough miles and standard boost too. I have a spare K03 if you want it. I was only going to set aside an afternoon to weld it to my lawn mower

think you getting confused there as the pd engines are diesels not petrols

Read the first post again :)

Bean to jabba once for my anti roll bar. Seemed like nice people. Was nice to see Stuarts octavia that use to do the cannonballs.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of power/ torque does a remap give on a 150bhp 1.8t.
How does the compare to a 1*2?

I've always taken everyone's word on here that theyre not as quick as a 172 etc due to weight. My mates felt quick tbh but i was sure due to torque.

Well about 10 times tried and tested his standard other than filter and remap'd 02 GTi pulls all be it slowely but constantly from 182's. Not a standard one either. I was impressed.