ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

value of my 197?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Its a late 08,with 3,850miles on it. Xenons,air con,zorst add ons,rear spoiler and front splitter soon. Wanna part x for a vee,i should have done it with the 182. Im not 100% happy with it tbh.

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0521.jpg

Photo0527.jpg

cheers guys

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
13k for trade in? i'd value it at 11k trade in tbh. They wil rape you on it. if it was on pistonheads then i reckon you'd get 13k .

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ultimately, the newer the car, the bigger the decrease it. over time the money you lose just gets less and less. so as it is so new you will have lost a big chunk for little or no use of the car really.

I personally think even at 13k private you'll struggle... but then you may get lucky and find a buyer. but when you can get new 197 cups for less than 13k and a new 197 for just under 14k... people will probably just plump for a new one.

i guess you are probably near to losing £1 a mile... maybe more. ouch tbh.

you may be able to find a vee owner wanting a swap plus cash? guess it epends if you want mk1 or mk2

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Dawn ill swap you for mine and a night in with me! ;)

thats more than fair :eek: sorry to hear your not happy chick!!

Last edited:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
13k for trade in? i'd value it at 11k trade in tbh. They wil rape you on it. if it was on pistonheads then i reckon you'd get 13k .

R26 meggys can be had for less than £13K

The markets flooded with sellers, some wanting retail prices:mad:

What people think there car is worth & it's actual value are 2 different things!

Renault giving huge discounts don't help either???

Renault Clio Renaultsport 197
2.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2008 08
Mileage: 4,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£11500

Average condition:
£10500

Below average condition:
£9240

Not good but if you price it wrong, you'll still have it at xmas!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
dawn's is in excellent condition as shown by the pics so 11k trade in should be achievable.

i agree, the market is so bad at present.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
dawn's is in excellent condition as shown by the pics so 11k trade in should be achievable.

i agree, the market is so bad at present.

Seb i endurded months of idiot offers & time wasters.

So i am waiting to see what happens with prices, as was told R27's were fetching 14K 6 months ago, now mint low milers are sitting at 11/12K with no buyers:eek:

If Dawns has the cupped chassis i may be interested;)

yea, unfortunately as a trade in i cant see it being more than 11k:(

nice car by the mate, white is definitaly the best colour for the 197

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
indeed, but why buy a car 4 months ago and then decide to buy a house? idiot 197 owner tbh.

reality hits home hard.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It still worries me that people are actually suprised that dealers offer them buttons for "used" cars!

Such is the way of the world! They sell it to you and then buy it back for buttons so they can sell it on again to another un-assuming noob (no offence to any one intended)

That is just the way these things work! It is and always has been the same!

clio 197, mazda rx7
renault offered me £8750 p/x :(, late 56 plate with 14,000 mileage, immaculate inside and out, and that was set against a megane f1 @ £16000

Clio Sport 2.0 16v MK1
In Argentina the cost of a R Clio Sport 2.0 16v MK1 172 2001 its aprox. $60.000 (A FORTUNEEEEE) 1 libra = 5,8 $pesos argentinos

$10.000 libras for you its a lot of mony ??

Tangoed Works
thats why in reality, im never going to buy new again. i picked up my 182 7 months old with 14k on clock for £9800 a few years back and thought that was a good deal. written off with 52k on the clock just over 3 years old and theve given me 6k. Even though Ive piled on the miles, to lose £3800 in just over 2.5 years is shocking.

2 years or older is the way forward... if its only had one owner than its more of a bonus.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
After the trouble with the clutch,then having the seat covers changed only to return from the lakes and find they are bobbeling again! Its just hassel i dont need. I should have stuck to my guns & went for what i truely wanted.

I would rather be paying out my hard earned wages on a car i really want,not something i thought i would be happy with.

It looks great,but its no vee.

At the end of the day,its my money. I know i have made a huge mistake & wasted my money. I just thought i would ask ur opinions,no need to get over heated about it!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
So i am waiting to see what happens with prices, as was told R27's were fetching 14K 6 months ago, now mint low milers are sitting at 11/12K with no buyers:eek:

Aye the market blows at the moment, although when I got mine R26s were available for just over £13k (£13,250 one I went to see was at a big car garage), that was in June. R27s on the market still seem quite rare, cheapest been a red one on PH for £13k private sale, or on Autotrader £12k private sale with no pictures (There's also one at an Evan's Halshaw dealer that claims to be an F1, and clearly in the photos isn't for 10 something), and the rest are over £13k private or trade.

The ones that appear for £12-12.5k seem to sell quite quickly.

Dan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
After the trouble with the clutch,then having the seat covers changed only to return from the lakes and find they are bobbeling again! Its just hassel i dont need. I should have stuck to my guns & went for what i truely wanted.

I would rather be paying out my hard earned wages on a car i really want,not something i thought i would be happy with.

At the end of the day,its my money. I know i have made a huge mistake & wasted my money. I just thought i would ask ur opinions,no need to get over heated about it!

I think your after legal advice on where you stand with this.

Your within right to return faulty goods which you deem to be unfit for purpose, IF theres valid reason to. (i would think a faulty clutch is damn sufficient)

Id speak to the branch manager, it not un-common for people to return cars, even after putting miles on them for a full refund!

renault offered me £8750 p/x :(, late 56 plate with 14,000 mileage, immaculate inside and out, and that was set against a megane f1 @ £16000

Ouch. Dearler offered me £5k for my 172 for a R26 at that price at the weekend. Maybe I should have bit his hand off for it.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups

I understand your frustration of having spent a lot of money on a new car but as with everything you can't expect it to stay in 'new' condition for long. You think that the seats won't bobble on a Vee? You think you wont have any engine problems? Its all part of motoring and you have to learn to live with it. Do you think the thousands of other 197 owners have sold up becasue there seats are bobbling too or because of engine problems? I doubt it....

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
^ yeah but come on.. all the cs 197 reviews on here say its of higher quality car than the 1*2s blah blah blah.. It wouldnt suprise me that some people wouldnt have expected it to fall apart.

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Nice looking 197. I think £11k is really good price to a buyer, not a seller as i just payed £6k for my 05 plate Clio 182. Good luck with sale.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26

I understand your frustration of having spent a lot of money on a new car but as with everything you can't expect it to stay in 'new' condition for long. You think that the seats won't bobble on a Vee? You think you wont have any engine problems? Its all part of motoring and you have to learn to live with it. Do you think the thousands of other 197 owners have sold up becasue there seats are bobbling too or because of engine problems? I doubt it....

im not saying i would expect the money i payed for it,thats not the issue. i bought a new car because i thought i wouldnt have any hassel,i expect problems with a used car of course. If im spending that much money i would rather be spending it on what i have always wanted.