ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver ABS - HELP!!!

Hi all, me ABS seems to be playing me about a bit at the mo and I need to get to the bottom of it before the MOT is done otherwise itll fail.

I changed the sensors on the front last week but havent been able to set the distance between the sensor tip and the cog teeth. I know it needs to be right to within a quarter of a milimeter or something stupid, but sent it to renault to get it done properly. They have come back to me saying the reason the ABS light is still on the dash is because it needs a new sender unit (£800!!!) but they havent actually checked the sensor gap like I asked. They reckon it would show up on their diagnostic computer if it was the sensor gap and it hasnt.

I am naturally reluctant to believe the diagnostic computer as the ABS was working fine before I had to renew the sensor (due to wheel bearing change) so the chances of the sender unit packing up in the mean time is slim.

Anyone any ideas???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you cant adjust the sensor gap it just fits in the hub and thats it.the only way you could have changed the gap is if you bent the hub slightly when you changed the bearing.are the sensor connections ok? is the target ring in good condition? is it the correct abs sensor?

Err bent the hub??? How easy is it to do that - isnt it a solid lump of metal???!!!

Would the connections make the diagnostic computer thnk its the sender unit?? If so that could be the next option??

Are you pretty knowledgable with these things - Im a bit of a novice!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its very easy to bend the hub if you apply pressure in the wrong place. dont know what you mean by a sender unit.the abs system has 4 wheel sensors,computer and the pump/hydraulic block.if its £800 they must mean the computer/hydraulic block(these sometimes come as one).

Sh1tbags. Hope I havent bent the hub then! Had to use about 17 tonnes of pressure to drive the old bearing out so that might have done it.

I do mean the computer, thats just me using my own terms for it. £800 aint pretty tho!!! :(

Would the diagnostic tool show a fault with the computer if the hub was bent tho??? Also was told that one of the sensors was not receiving the correct voltage??? dont know if thats significant???