ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver alternator set up on a ph1 172 wiring issue ( exciter wire , igntion live ? )

Itb'd 182
Ive fitted the valver alternator set up to my ph1 172 and i have no idea how to wire it up as ive been told i need an igntion live and a live fed from the fuse box to the exciter point ?

can anyone explain where to run the run to on the alternator and where from

thanks dan

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Re: Valver alternator set up on a ph1 172 wiring issue ( exciter wire , igntion live

you only need to add 1 wire, a switched live. The other wire is already there on the standard alternator. On the mk1 alternator there are 2 terminals with 8mm nuts, these are where you connect to. Can't remember which way round they go, I'd have to check my car

Itb'd 182
Re: Valver alternator set up on a ph1 172 wiring issue ( exciter wire , igntion live

ok if you could that would be great danny thanks

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

What a coincidence. I am having the exact same problem with the same set up.
I'm running f4r with 172 loom clocks ect. The car will run if I jump it but the alternator is not charging the battery. I have found the wire that sends a signal to the clocks for the battery light. Plugged that into one of the spade connectors. Didnt realise that it needed to use the other threaded terminal though? Any pictures can? Cheers!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

I figured it out.

You need the ring crimped main output on the bottom thread of the alternator.
The battery light wire (white) on pin 1 (spade connector)
A 12v feed on pin 2 (spade connector)

Works fine now.