ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver aux belt sqeaking

Alfa 147 GTA
I noticed about a month ago my aux belt was squealing from cold, but now i can hear it all the time. Then on the motorway the other day every 20mins or so my battery warning light on the dash would pop up.

Thing is, i had all the belts changed down at K-tec about 3months ago and all the tensioners changed. Should it be squeaking away so soon? How much would it cost me to get the belt setup properly again, or will it need I need new one?

I would take it back to Ktec but live about 4 - 5hours away now :dapprove: Any help and you'll receive legend status

Maybe they didn't chnage the belt or tensioners
However the alternators are a bit useless that might be why the light comes on also that reliable.

Alfa 147 GTA
Hopefully they did... they certainly charged me for it!!

The squeaking really does drive me mad, and makes the car sound like a shed. If i take this to Renault will I get charged a fortune? Or are Ktec in the wrong here and maybe an excuse to go to the South Coast?

Hopefully they did... they certainly charged me for it!!

The squeaking really does drive me mad, and makes the car sound like a shed. If i take this to Renault will I get charged a fortune? Or are Ktec in the wrong here and maybe an excuse to go to the South Coast?

It could be any number of things the tensioners are useless, are you near a cambelt service.

It might also be the PAS pump playing up there again terribale.