ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver battery light on

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Noticed on the way home very early this morning. Stopped engine and started it again and light would still refuse to go out.

Guessing could be alternator on way out as probably same one from new in 96. Anyone else any ideas?

[Edited by Matty on 11 May 2004 at 7:44am]

Clio 197

yeah its sounds like the alternator mate, id get it sorted sharpish cos it could catch you out!

Yup - always gonna be the alternator- it could be a loose belt - a fooked battery or just simply the alternator broke. Get it sorted asap coz you dont want to get stuck on the motorway!

Skoda Fabia vRS

id say the alternator aswell

mine came on on the way home from Manchester a while back and i got stuck in traffic on the way home, luckily i got home

Get a multimeter on the alternator and the batt.

Could be as easy as a corroded Neg termal on the batt to the alt.

Bumder With A Buffer

Had a similar problem with mine, id checked with a multimeter first though as Ben said above. Mine DID turn out to be the alternator fooked though. But i do occassionally get my battery light coming on when the drivers side window switch is pressed up when the window is fully up (if thata makes any sense???!!!!) Earth problem??

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you checked the alternator output across the battery terminals? should be around 13v to 14.5v at idle.