ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Big Brake Kit

Williams 2
Got these today, should be fitted by next week so i'll post some up once there done. Kit contains 285mm cross-drilled, vented and balanced front discs, calliper extender brackets, replacement calliper carriers bolts and kevlar brake pads. Also braided hoses. Hopefully should notice a big difference!:D

Attachments

• DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 107
  Twingo 133
Cool its a nice looking brake kit:
Sweet%20Pic%20Of%20Wheel%20-%20Cliosport.jpg

Only thing i found was it wouldnt fit under ph2 and ph1 wheels without spacers.

Williams 2
I'm getting a garage to fit them, do you think they would have some spacers? What do they do?:eek:, cheers.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Cool dude, if your getting them done next week, make sure you take it out a bit before the pod! Should look really sweet and I bet youll notice a difference in braking too :)

Williams 2
ajketley said:
Cool dude, if your getting them done next week, make sure you take it out a bit before the pod! Should look really sweet and I bet youll notice a difference in braking too :)

How long do they normally take to wear in?;)

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Not too long because youve got new disks as well, maybe 100 - 150 miles. At least you know you will stop! ;)

Williams 2
arj256 said:

I've got some Willy wheels on my valver m8, do you think that i'll need some spacers? If so where can I buy them from? Cheers m8:D

MattyH16v said:
I've got some Willy wheels on my valver m8, do you think that i'll need some spacers? If so where can I buy them from? Cheers m8:D
They'll fit behind Williams wheels jsut. They do look good but there not much if any better than normal disks with ds2500 pads

Williams 2
Spent £341.05 in all, but that includes the braided houses and a set of kevlar pads for the rear too. Thats with 5% discount from K-Tec. Not cheap, but hopefully worth it:D

EVOgone said:
Why's that.....Larger dia discs will help if they are for real performance or on track.
There no good. Maybe harder pads would help but then why spend the money on this might as well get some 4 pots etc.

Williams 2
edde said:
There no good. Maybe harder pads would help but then why spend the money on this might as well get some 4 pots etc.

Don't really need them for track use, just though they would look good and perform better over o.e discs. Can't really afford to be spending as much as what pot discs cost.:dapprove:

172 Cup
i had them on mine, they did work better but the brakets needed a bit of modifying to fit!! a bit trimming down.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:

A larger disc can peform better than a std size disc. Its pure physics....

Larger size disc are usually from another model car and a cheap bracket for the caliper so mega cheep. Certianly not the same cost as 4 pots.

Larger disc and uprated pads with improve performance (over std disc size).

Did it on 2 sapp cosworths i had 300 to 330 disc and std caliper, was a good cheap improvement.

arj256 said:
Cool its a nice looking brake kit:
Sweet%20Pic%20Of%20Wheel%20-%20Cliosport.jpg

a 1.2 litre car fitted with a big brake kit? what a joke ..........

Williams 2
Paul.C 16v said:
i had them on mine, they did work better but the brakets needed a bit of modifying to fit!! a bit trimming down.

Are thre brackets too big or something? Did you change them yourself or get a garage to do them?

172 Cup
well i had them about 3 or 4 years ago on my valver. at the time i got the garage to fit them and he said that the brakets needed trimming so the disk would clear them.

320d
170bhp said:

A stripped 1.2 can be fun to throw round a track so upgrading the brakes seems a logical thing to do especially as the standard front discs are probably solid

Williams 2
170bhp said:
At the end of the day, even for road use if the car stops quicker then its good for safety apart anything else!

Twingo 133
Yeah it was a joke, how i could keep up with valvers at a trackday i was doing, guess braking later didnt help much.
And the added safety factor of knowing i could stop well, compared to the standard 240mm discs.
And yeah it worked out cheaper for me to buy the big brake kit than to buy standard 16v discs.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
arj256 said:
Yeah it was a joke, how i could keep up with valvers at a trackday i was doing, guess braking later didnt help much.
And the added safety factor of knowing i could stop well, compared to the standard 240mm discs.
And yeah it worked out cheaper for me to buy the big brake kit than to buy standard 16v discs.

1.2 keeping with the valvers....Who was driving miss daisey....

Twingo 133
Possibly, but im only giving the points which favour my arguement ;)
I was on slicks though and was a twisty circuit.
And i was faster in the corners but not on the straights obviously.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
arj256 said:
Possibly, but im only giving the points which favour my arguement ;)
I was on slicks though and was a twisty circuit.
And i was faster in the corners but not on the straights obviously.

So you wernt quicker than the valvers..

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
for 380 u could get 4 pots. u could get wilwood 4pots with hoses, pads, and fittings for 385 which is what im doing. ktec are a rip off. thing is i dont think u will notice much diff as u still have same brake force applied to the discs, and tbh the discs dont even get hot enough to get fade so its not like they need to be vented anyway. maybe u may notice a v minute inc but not worth £340 ohh well this is cs and at leas they will look pretty ;)

Williams 2
J_rt said:
for 380 u could get 4 pots. u could get wilwood 4pots with hoses, pads, and fittings for 385 which is what im doing. ktec are a rip off. thing is i dont think u will notice much diff as u still have same brake force applied to the discs, and tbh the discs dont even get hot enough to get fade so its not like they need to be vented anyway. maybe u may notice a v minute inc but not worth £340 ohh well this is cs and at leas they will look pretty ;)

Where u gettin the wilwood 4 pots from m8?

EVOgone said:
A larger disc can peform better than a std size disc. Its pure physics....

Larger size disc are usually from another model car and a cheap bracket for the caliper so mega cheep. Certianly not the same cost as 4 pots.

Larger disc and uprated pads with improve performance (over std disc size).
Your right yes but the brakes arn't any noticable better.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
edde said:
Your right yes but the brakes arn't any noticable better.

Your probabley right on his 1.2 but they worked a treat when i had my Cossies a long time ago...........................................Std caliper and larger discs..

EVOgone said:
Your probabley right on his 1.2 but they worked a treat when i had my Cossies a long time ago...........................................Std caliper and larger discs..
It seems to depend on cars the Skoda Fabia VRS owners do this mod and it works for them with ds2500's pads. Maybe cooling the disk isn't the problem maybe its the calipers.
I take it the Cossie's had big calipers?

More importantly though is some good tyres. My 4 pots worked perfectly today shame the tyres were as keen otherwise I'd have less of the scenery covering the car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say from someone who's tried both, that the ktecBB kit IS a improvement.....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and as for the 1.2 comment.....fcuk em! Nobody can seem to mod cars right nowadays.

He can try my 1.2 if he wants;)