ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Gearbox Problem

350z & 16v Maxi

I have a problem with my valver gearbox, i thought it was the classic thrust washer and circlip but replaced that today and still no worky.

I can actually make the car move, more in reverse but have to use some pretty trick clutch control, keep switching from reverse and first and move it very slowly. It doesnt seem to cluck or anything just sounds like the gears are not engaging properly.

Also when the front end is jacked up and i spin the ps wheel i can get it so the ps is turning but the ds is not, sort of like something is not in place right.

It had a refurbed box fitted in March, anyone know whats up?

I assume ps in this case is passenger side wheel?

With the car jacked up the other wheel should rotate the opposiute way or if in nuetral it will stay still but if its in gear then the engine will turn, or it should.

If its refurbed is it not still under a warrenty?

Sounds like there could be a selector issue though. Do any of the gears work aside from reverse?

350z & 16v Maxi

yea mate, ps is passenger side.

If it is in neutral should the other wheel turn the other way or not, if i turn the ps wheel slowly the ds turns the other way but when i did it fast it seems to slip

I have only tried 1st, 2nd and Reverse. They all work, going very slow and not fully disengaging the clutch, reverse works more than the others but not perfect. At first when i put it in reverse there was a clunk and then it would move, put it into 1st it would move then as if it fell out of gear and i would need to put it in reverse get the clunk then 1st again. But after it sat for a couple of hours i no longer got the clunk.

Is there an adjustment of the throw on the gear stick?

It was a previous owner who put the box in it and was down in England, i now have the car and am in Scotland, anyone know if the warranty would pass to me?

theres adjustment but not of the throw really, just the position of it.

In nuetral it might turn the other wheen might not, it depends which is easier of the diff to dom over come the brake pads on the disc or spin the gearbox shafts.

the warrenty should pass to you. where in scotland are you?

350z & 16v Maxi

South West Scotland, Ayrshire, Prestwick.

That must be the second point i was talking about so i dont see any problem with that.

It is just the engaging issue; do you know what would cause that?