ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Help please!

Abarth 500

I could well be in the market for a valver in the new year once my Cup goes and my company car arrives and have had a look on here/ebay/trader etc but just had a couple of quick questions for those in the know...

Did they make a valver without a sunroof?

Was ABS standard, always an option or introduced on a certain date?

Was PAS stardard, always an option or introduced on a certain date?

Hope someone can help! :D

Yes they made a Valver without a sunroof, iirc was the earlier models.

No, ABS was an option on the later models.

Yes PAS was standard on all models.

[Edited by Dust on 17 December 2004 at 11:12am]

I may be wrong with the sunroof, getting mixed with electric and non electric rather than yes or no.

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 17 December 2004
Yes they made a Valver without a sunroof, iirc was the earlier models. No, ABS was an option on the later models.Yes PAS was standard on all models.

Never heard of a valver with no sunroof......?

Not a Clio

not all leaks are serious though. Mine leaked like a b**ch, to solve it all i did was clean the seal and the glass where it made contact with the seal!

Abarth 500

I only asked about the roofs cos I kept seeing posts about how leaky they are!

To recap then:

It will have PAS, I can get one without ABS (cos Im a bit silly like that:oops:) and I should try and get a little poppy up roof, not an electric slider??

Ive just phoned my contact at Renault whos going to let me know if any old dogs get traded in soon (I dont have much money:cry:)

Its crazy cos I love my Cup but Im getting really excited about the prospect of possibly getting a valver!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 17 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 17 December 2004

The only valver like car that came without a sunroof was the willy 1 mate!!!
Im guessing theyre not too cheap?
Youl probably be able to pick up an high miler thats not totally rust free etc for about 2.5k!!!

For a gooden id say abot 4k!!!

Trouble being you dont see many willys for sale let alone 1s!!!

don't

most of the time the sunroof leaks are easily fixed mate

my mk1 didnt leak when i got it, then it slowly started and a tube of £1.99 sealant fixed it in 5 mins

be a sl*g, get a valver

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 17 December 2004

most of the time the sunroof leaks are easily fixed mate

my mk1 didnt leak when i got it, then it slowly started and a tube of £1.99 sealant fixed it in 5 mins

be a sl*g, get a valver
Im starting the search...