ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver or Saxo VTS

Thinking of going back to the saxo after buying my mates valver and buying a vts!

Am I stupid? Which car do u lot reckon is better?

Performance wise

Handling

Reliability

Running costs

Tuneability

There pretty much even cars so id get the one you truely want!

Valvers look about 100 times better though! And how many saxos do you see on the roads! All saxos look the same!

well having driven both only you can answer it dood. Whichever brings the biggest smile to your face IMO. Take em both down a B-road, should help u decide.

Yeh, gonna do that I think! I luuurrvvveee the roar of the valver with K and N, but vts is so swift as standard-its so hard to decide!

I wud prob get a newish vts too, the dash is much nicer than the valver (dated).

f**k, I dont know!:confused:

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

Quote: Originally posted by VTR_MATT on 30 April 2004

Thinking of going back to the saxo after buying my mates valver and buying a vts!

Am I stupid? Which car do u lot reckon is better?

Not necessarily u could be a burberry cap wearer in which case ud love saxos

Performance wise

valver slightly faster

Handling

similer

Reliability

similer

Running costs

similer

Tuneability

similer, basically its whether u wear burberry that will affect this decision :D

Yeh, gonna do that I think! I luuurrvvveee the roar of the valver with K and N, but vts is so swift as standard-its so hard to decide!

I wud prob get a newish vts too, the dash is much nicer than the valver (dated).

f**k, I dont know!:confused:
Swift as standard? Ive never been neaten in the two races ive had with vtss so valvers are swift too!

Better dash? Theyre horrible and have the nice gauges!

theyve got horrible seats too! You cant beat phase 2 seats1

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 30 April 2004

i aint even readin the above!

valver!

saxos are naff!

plus its a clio forum lol

Saxos are naff? Are they, I like em and Im the 1 buying it!

I could list many things which the saxo has that the clio dont, and not so many the other way round.

The saxo is not as nice looking, I agree-but many comforts ie ABS, A/con, passenger a-bag etc which I need-the saxo has and as I drive alot these come in handy! The valver is well unreliable too!

Why do you need a passenger airbag? Thats just added weight!

Air Con = more weight! Valver has a sunroof and window aint it? Aircon aint much usew in the uk tbh!

ABS - get a valver with it!

Sounds like you want a VTS Anyways so why not just buy one!

Oh yeah - valvers are half the price too.

Am I stupid? Which car do u lot reckon is better? Valver

Performance wise Pretty even standard

Handling Probably the VTS.....but only just!

Reliability To be honest, my brothers VTS has had a lot more little problems than my valver

Running costs Saxo has cheaper parts and easier to work on, Clio is cheaper to insure

Tuneability VTS responds a lot better to tuning, but stick a 2.0 in the Valver and youve got the quicker car.....

I dunno, I just want somethin newer!

How much can I get a decent 172 for (same shape as h3lter)?

With under 50k on da clock?

TBH the saxo is gonna be newer with less miles, yes they are a LOT more common BUT they respond better to simple mods and will surprise a few 16vs !!

If it was me i would buy a 16v purely because saxos are sooooo common

if they werent then VTS all the way

I dunno, I just want somethin newer!

How much can I get a decent 172 for (same shape as h3lter)?

With under 50k on da clock?
mk1 172 can be had for under 8k

and they are a different class to a saxo, unless you are craggy you wont stand much of a chance mod for mod againt a 172

[Edited by cliosportcraig on 30 April 2004 at 12:46pm]

hmmm, now there is an idea. I can stretch to about 8.5k. Gonna do sum more research!

Cheers guys, opinions taken on board;)

B4 I go what ins group is a 172?

if you can stretch to 8.5k for the car then you could get a mk2 172 !! the insurance is good and MPG is probably the best for a hot hatch !!

how old are you ? NCB ?

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 30 April 2004

20 with 1 yr NCB. Will I get raped?
no mate, try quotes from elephant, renault insurance, HIC and CIS they generally seem to be the best
If i were you id get a mk1 and save a bit of $ to put towards the extra insurance difference of a VTS

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I cant believe im saying this but imo you would be better buying a newer vts and doing a few simple mods than buying a 172. The Saxo will be cheaper to buy, insure and with some breathing mods will not be far behind a 172 in performance terms. At 20 youll be shelling out a lot of money for insurance as well as the 8k ish cost of the 172.

Well, if you want a newer car.. get the VTS.

As for insurance, Im insured through Elephant on a Williams.. 20, No NCD.. they were cheapest by quite a lot compared to some other quotes I was getting!

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 30 April 2004

well having driven both only you can answer it dood. Whichever brings the biggest smile to your face IMO. Take em both down a B-road, should help u decide.
Was just about to type the same but thought Id better check that no one else had first! You beat me to it!

What a silly question to ask! Youve f**king driven them, what do you think!Duh!

hmmm, now there is an idea. I can stretch to about 8.5k. Gonna do sum more research!
Err, your gonna spend £8.5k on a Saxo!? If you want a fast car that handles well, I can think of a few other cars Id rather have for that money than a Saxo! PMSL!!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Im with barry on this one. If uve driven both u must have views on which u prefer? Most people on here will say valver over a VTS anyday and so i wont repeat what theyve already said. VTS are too common and have a terrible reputation. If u can live with that then fine!

If u have 8.5k u could have mark1 or mark2 172, OR a valver with willy conversion + a saxo?

Not really sure what u want us to say dude?

RB5 & 172

why not get a 106gti?

same performance as the vts (some might say faster;)).

same handling.

same reliability, running cost.

easy to tune (mine with a viper and a pug sport decat seems as quick as my old 172!)

less of them around.

and the big 1 up on the vts, leather interior.

Quote: Originally posted by jimblive on 30 April 2004

same performance as the vts (some might say faster;)).
Agree with you on everything apart from the above statement.

If I had the choice between a VTS and a GTi, Id take the 106 every day.

But who says they are faster.....cos they are most definately not!

Titanium 182

iv had both

clio valver is much better, looks ace in terms of handling and performance there simlar

wouldnt want to go back to a saxo now as you feel like a tw*t driving a sporty model

in the valver you have everything the vts has but with better looks and image !!!

dont do it!

ive gone from a vtr to a williams and it was best move ever not just the power but the handling /comfort/ brakes!!!/the drivability of it so much better, ok its not a valver but near enough the same, that and i was driving my sisters valver about before i got my williams, in general there just alot better car, i wouldnt go back to a saxo at all now , everyone i mean everyone allways gives me good comments about my clio even ppl i dont know just walk up and say wat a cool car u got, how many do that with a saxo????

Valver - or Williams

GF has a VTS and I have a Williams - poor old VTS hasnt aged well at all. The amount of problems with the Saxo are too many for me to be bothered posting about. My cousin had a R reg when new and suffered similar. My work mate suffered some too. The VTS will be for sale soon.

Maybe im just lucky with the Williams but I will never buy another Citreon - ever!! Renaults dont look much better TBH but my first hand experiece is steer clear of Saxos. If the Valver is like the williams it will be slightly bigger, more comfy and more composed.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

As a previous Vts owner id say Vts...one hell of a fun car.

I dont understand where people get it from when they say Vtss are common :confused:

Saxos are yes and lots of Vtrs about but the Vts is not as common as people make out,sales back up what im saying for starters.

I loved having a Vts because out on the roads you are just another Vtr.....its fun when they find out you arnt :devilish:

Oh and as for the Burberry...other forums think Clio owners are the Burberry wearers so take no notice ;)