ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Or Williams And Limited Mileage

Hello all

Picking my brain again, searching for ideas to satisfy my lust for speed.

Anyway, how much do you think a 21 year old, with 1 years no claims could insure a valver or williams for with limited milage?

Would use it only for track days and the odd drives etc?

Anyone insured one of them on limited mileage?

Cheers.

Give a company called Footman James a call. I insured my GTO with them on a limited milage policy. They were cheapest by miles. Cant remember their details but youll find them from a search on the web

My Williams is n ow Insured with Privilege. Im 26 and pay only £340! Give them a whirl too. Obviously everyones different so prices vary but worth a try

Good luck!

Cheers Matt. Just wondering if theres any insurers that cover limited milage especially or others that are really good for it.

Clio 182

Im on limited mileage. Pay £750tptf with all mods declared and 5000 miles a year. Thats with elephant, Although they havent actually asked what mileage the car is on so I can do as many as I like!

Age 20 w/ 2 years no claims btw, high risk area apparently.

Gee, you tried Tesco, Direct Line or Churchill online yet? wouldnt have thought it would cost that much to just insure it normally fully comp. Failing that Id just put a 2.0 lump in yours, as it looks f**king stunning pal. One of the best modded cars I have seen, very subtle, like it!

If you kewep it purley for track days you wont need insurence, also have you tried adding it as a second car (if thats what you are doing), as a second car will often cost alot less then taking out a new policy

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 26 January 2005

If you kewep it purley for track days you wont need insurence, also have you tried adding it as a second car (if thats what you are doing), as a second car will often cost alot less then taking out a new policy
2nd car is rape m8, my valver is £900 fully comp as I cant have my 5 years NCD on both cars. To be fair they did give me 1 year on the valver, but its a joke when I already pay what I believe to be a low premium of £722 Fully comp and protected.

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 26 January 2005

How would I get it to track days thou! I dont have a trailor etc.

I would take it to Clio meets too, mite be able to keep up then ;)
I would take it for some boots round and about too.

Havent tried many yet. I did try Elephant and it came back with about £2000 or summat, on 4,000 miles, 3rd party only!

[Edited by GeeUK on 26 January 2005 at 9:09pm]

Oh, and the suggestion on dropping a 2.0 lump it..Id love to, but im sure i will get bum raped by insurance. 21, average postcode, 1 yrs no claims.

Gee, only one way to find out pal, phone Flux and Performance Direct for a quote pal. IMO the Williams is the best option, but then again ive always been a big fan of the car.

2.0 valver project maybe?

They have different departments I think m8, although I was never told this when I phoned them... u tried Tesco and Direct Line etc for the valver/willy quote, id see what they come out as too.

TESCO - £2238.60, TPTF, 4,000 miles, parked on street. tw*tS!

Cant use my no claims on another policy can I ?

Another one of my bloody sh*t ideas, I give up!

I was destined to be burnt out at the lights by Reliant Robins!

dont lose faith pal, ive been through ALL of this myself. lol

keep looking around, my first car was an XR2 :oops: and it cost me £800 TPFT at 19 after MUCHO looking around. Same with the Williams, got it for £900 in the first year of ownership and it drops over £100 a year now :)

im 19 with no no cliams and with elephant i can insure a standard willaims for about 1,700. So dont why they quoted you so high.

Mark

my quote was on-line. Dont live in a great area myself so wouldnt have thought the difference would be that big.

Mark

Changes from place to place, person to person.

I paid less than your quotes last year (well, 10mo) on mine, and I was 20 with no NCD.. its much cheaper this year now 21 with 1NCD.