ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver rebuild/respray

Clio16V
hello, aint been on here in ages so thought id post up abit of my project its on the members only section of clio16valver.co.uk so its unfair to post the full project.

enjoy.

well my clio love started when i bought my bug eye as my first car and started the mods pretty much straight away
S3700005-3.jpg

kept this for a year and jumped straight for a valver, really wanted a white one and was lucky enough to find one.
This is how it looked when i got it,
car2.jpg

before.jpg

ghost.jpg

quick degreaser session under the bonnet made it look alot nicer
S3700019-1.jpg

S3700023.jpg

next thing i did was change the wheels to the ph2 valver wheels which came with the car and sold the mk2 clio wheels on.
ph2 were abit rough looking so decided to spray them black
S3700015-1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

S3700001-2.jpg

good olde can refurb, wheels will be powdercoated over winter or might have to buy some after market wheels depending on whether the brakes i get will fit under.
a few months on and more was happening on the valver, didnt know id be making a thread so there might not be as many pictures, orderd my buckets and started the stripping of the clio.
21022008019.jpg

21022008020.jpg

next was the steering wheel and boss
21022008017.jpg

then coops dogbone
08032008084.jpg

my mate kindly did me some rocker covers and plastics including rain catcher vent in carbon/real tree camo effect.
26032008126.jpg

24042008199.jpg

and as it stands at the moment
13072008422.jpg

theres been a few problems like splitting the fuel line, spitting out pads from rear brake caliper but apart from that its running good for now.
upgraded the discs to grooved and drilled with some red dot fast road pads and the difference is incredible, if you dont want to go silly with 4 pots then a decent set of pads is the way to go.
coming soon...
10 point omp cage
hi spec 4 pot's
2.0l cams, pulleys, head work.
Fk coilovers

cliostripdown001.gif

cliostripdown017.gif

started stripping the doors, bonnet, tailgate and lights of ready for the future work.
cliostripdown014.gif

cliostripdown013.gif

cliostripdown016.gif

cliostripdown012.gif

cliostripdown011.gif

bottom end has been put on the engine stand ready to be painted satin black.
cliostripdown004.gif

got the engine and subframe off the other day, then took the wiring loom out, pedal box steering colum and rack out, just got the petrol tank and rear beam left to take off now.
clionearlystripped003.gif

clionearlystripped002.gif

clionearlystripped001.gif

clionearlystripped004.gif

found some rust
clionearlystripped006.gif

clionearlystripped007.gif

clionearlystripped008.gif

future interior colour ?
clionearlystripped005.gif

Clio16V
had a mate over yesterday to do the welding work, we got all the holes done, and the front right hand inner wing sorted, just the cage and the driver sill to do as it has a small area of rust.
few holes and rot repaired
cliorustrepair008.gif

cliorustrepair009.gif

cliorustrepair015.gif

cliorustrepair016.gif

cliorustrepair005.gif

new inner wing which looks 100 times better.
cliorustrepair011.gif

Clio16V
Eventually got round to prepping inside for painting, grinded and sanded back all surface rust so it was shiney metal again.
Cleaned out the inside of shell, which took alot of doing due to the amount of dust and dirt there was inside.
First off Panel wiped everywhere inside to try remove most the dirt after this i dry scotched inside to bring up the dirt, hooverd up all the dust etc.
panel wiped again with cloth and it was ready for standox red oxide to be applied
10122008153.jpg

10122008154.jpg

10122008155.jpg