ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Steerin Wheel

2004 Racing Blue 182

I did try a search but it wouldnt work for me, can anyone tell me is it difficult to remove the ph2 16v steerin wheel with airbag to replace it with a non airbag model??

anyone elso not like the laguna-stylee steerin wheel on their ph2 valver?

-->NV

320d

No its easy just turn the wheel half a turn each way to undo the screws in the back this frees the airbag then its just a matter of unplugging the wire that attaches the air bag to the steering wheel. After that just unscrew the main bolt that attaches the centre of the steering wheel to the steering column

2004 Racing Blue 182

sounds easy enough, but isit really that easy, cause someone told me replacing the dash bulbs was easy, but it wasnt, took me ages!!!

-->NV

320d

Only took 2 mins and im no mechanic! once youve loosened the centre bolt just brace yourself in the seat with your feet either side of the pedals and pull hard. It just suddenly pops off

320d

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 04 August 2004

wont he get a light come up on the dash, for the air bag ?
Nope, well i didnt. The only light that will come is on the inside of the steering wheel when you pull out the airbag connection lead

no it is easy but not as fiddley as the bulbs in the dash but if u lose the air bag all together u will need to take the airbag lght bulb out of the dash as it will be a mot failure

also look n the manual to check wich fuse to remove while u are removing the airbag - just incase

You can also bridge the connectors with some fuse wire to stop the warning light, cant remember details but its in the max power clio haynes manual.