ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver temp

What temp does everyones valver run at on the water temp gauge ?

Mine sits around half way just below it , never seen it go above it yet , is it normal to sit around half way always ?

yeah, mine sits at no more than a 1/4 when driving. creeps up if im stuck in traffic to about half way but i dont think its ever been above that.

Seems to... was paying attention to it in the drive through the other night. It gets to a touch before the 3/4 mark before it kicks in... Is slightly worrying, Ill get the low temp fan switch + stat when I get the belts done soon.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I heard depending on what oil is in the car.. it will run at different temps. is this right?

nope

use a low temp thermostat

low temp fan switch

clean out coolant and flush rad and u will have a valver running at a 1/4

just ordered a low temp fan switch from bb , gonna fit the thermostat 2moro and get the cooling system flushed!

Whats the easiest way to flush the cooling system without gettin airlocks?

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 19 November 2003

I heard depending on what oil is in the car.. it will run at different temps. is this right?
oil temps yes. Some oils are better at removing and carrying heat away from components than others.

my valvers water temp seems to be running at about an 1/8 half way up to 1st quarter line. could this be a prob or just the sensor not sorkin very well?

cheers

Pete

Quote: Originally posted by I2ich16v- on 19 November 2003

just ordered a low temp fan switch from bb , gonna fit the thermostat 2moro and get the cooling system flushed!

Whats the easiest way to flush the cooling system without gettin airlocks?
while refilling just leave the valve on the radi8or open until no more bubbles come out,simple.