ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Vs Hybrid

Okay not the best vid in the world, my mates mate recorded it on his phone...
the white one is a clio16v and the black one(mine) is a williams engined 16v. the only difference between them is the supersprint manifold on mine and it being a williams engine. they both use the 16v gearbox.
http://media.putfile.com/Clio-Hybrid-vs-Valver
Not bad for a phone.

let it load....make sure you have quick time aswell....just click it and it should play...dont save target as or anything... video is a bit small....bigger on my phone :p

have a guess lol.....the gap looks better in the vid than in real life lol. i overtake valver then go round a roundabout then you see me disapear lol

you can hear the exhaust note change when i come up along side the valver lol.....i think thats when i had my viper fitted....i think i had manifold on then too.

LY 200
I raced a valver the other night.............black v black aswell ;) and i couldnt believe the difference.........Didnt think he was having it!!!Lol

wish there were more valvers around here...my mates just bought one, bit of a dog and revs to 7800! still though mine bet it and the one in the video did aswell. best thing for me to play with are starlet turbos....only one that proves to be quick tho..

i raced a starlet turbo in my valver, the guy who owns it is a friend of mine, we raced over about 1/4 - 1/2 a mile by the end he was ahead by about a cars length so you should take them pretty easy..

do you have a g-tech meter? whats the 0-60 on your car?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had a blast with a 16v the other day. The difference is MASSIVE

Although mine isnt standard....

round where i live theres about 6 of them that all go out together and they dont race me anymore. The silver one decided to go and get a hybrid turbo, boost controller and up the boost after i seriously kicked his ass! Others tho are just dots in my rear view hehe
I think its slow lol....could just be me....only mods are supersprint decat, cat back exhaust and an ITG panel filter...using 16v gearbox which ive discovered to be quite crap with the williams engine..

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
16v g'box is just the same as willy box really in terms of performance anyway...I've killed my valver box though lol 2nd is dead.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
i'm on a valver box too.

My cars doesnt really feel quick to me either anymore. But then neither does my bros scoob STi! lol

aparently the valver box looses power to the wheels more than the willy box does....
willy with 150bhp does 134bhp at the wheels and a 160bhp does exactly the same at the wheels give or take 1bhp. well thats how ive seen it anyway unless its other factors....
2nd gear on my valver box is knackered...nearly dropped 4th gear the other night aswell lol. 2nd doesnt stay in :p

my mates just got a sierra cossie so that should feal quick...shouldnt it? ive seen some mk1 clios beat sierra cossies on the 1/4mile. i went to york when you were all there and a mk1 bet a sierra cossie

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My box is fine mate and as for power at the wheels?!

Mine made 152atw last time it was RR'd and 144atw before the mani..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
185 @ at the fly

My cars weird and i dont know what to think! lol

mods basically are HP chip, Panel filter in standard airbox with big ducting to front plate (bit like a viper but not! lol), Decat, Supersprint mani, Mongoose exhaust, thinks like magnicore plugs and leads, uprated clutch ect...

Think it may have unknown mods though tbh! Gets to sixty in high 5's

sweet thats pretty high power for the mods youve got really! i smell cams lol. people say mine sounds like its been cammed... ive yet to take mine on the rollers tho i dont expect over 160bhp tbh. been told ill get about 180bhp with remap and cams tho. not a clue what mine is at wheels...