ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver wheel bolts (only 3 of them)

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
one of my wheel bolts in my rear hub is spinning tryed tapping it out but its just to fucked, the 3 are ded tight, finkin of goin down cornwall in it from notts?? lol

Twingo 133
Should be allright driving with 3 in the rear, but its not really advisable, although i drove from northwales to portsmouth with 3 in the rears.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
i see, i have 19mm spacers on aswell, did you take it easy? was it both back wheels? mine is only 1.

Twingo 133
Ah if you have spacers, i personally wouldnt risk it. there is allready more strain on the bolts having the spacers.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
probly guna take em off jus cant find all my old wheels bolts, did it drive there fine with onli 3 then?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Get it checked ASAP

You should have longer wheel bolts with the spacers anyhow?

Dont risk driving with anythign like that, will be very dangerous.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
it wont f**k the bearing up as much if i take the spacers off, 3 of them are very tight 1 just catches the thread but it gets abit tighter wen i drive it, too much money and time to change a whole hub b4 next satday too lol.

S2000
I've heard of a few people who have driven with just three bolts on the rears for 1000's of miles. If you can avoid it then I wouldn't drive with just three though, especially as you have the spacers. Pop down to renault/halford or somewhere in the morning and get yourself another wheel bolt.

EDIT: Wasn't thinking when I said to get another bolt, I read the post earlier and had forgotten it was just spinning in the hub.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
i am taking my spacers off so it will be tight up against the hub, its onli the 1 rear wheel bolt that its spinining in, gets a little bit tight like i said, seems a healthy risk to take so far.