ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver/Williams Insurance

just got a quote with elephant for both a valver and a williams 1 valued at £2500, and adding my parents and brother to the policy. The valver is £900 fully comp without any voluntary excess! Thats bloody amazing considering im a 20year old student living away from home with 3 years ncb! me happy! :D

the williams was £969 tpft which im also impressed with/tempted by! Without my rents on there a valver would cost me about £1100tpft :S

Elephant are run by Admiral - give them a try. My renewal with Admiral comes out £80 cheaper than a quote from Elephant.

Adding my mum brings down the premium, although any additional male drivers pushes it up again.

my mum lowers insurance down by £150 (damn women :p) and my dad and bro lower it by £75 each. Its just a shame i cant add anymore people to it!

thanks for the info aswell, ill give admiral a try.

Quote: Originally posted by Russ16v on 25 July 2004

thats a good price mate! im payin 558 a year with my gf on my policy and im 22 with 4 yrs no claims
Is that tpft? Who with fella?

Give Direct Line a bash too.. for some cars they suck for me, but for the Williams they were pretty much the cheapest.

94 Williams 2
21, 1 Yr NCB
£1194 fully comp (I think it went up to about £1300 with no voluntary excess)

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 25 July 2004

Give Direct Line a bash too.. for some cars they suck for me, but for the Williams they were pretty much the cheapest.

94 Williams 2
21, 1 Yr NCB
£1194 fully comp (I think it went up to about £1300 with no voluntary excess)
How the f**k? Are we talking cat 1, low crime area, garaged? Anything else? I wish I could get that low :(

Just tried Elephant...£999.64 Full Comp...with me old girl as named driver...

22, 1 years NCD - not bad :)

I wonder wot theyre like for mods tho???

who doesnt have an excess on their insurance? i was thinking of having a massive excess of say £250, as then the premium drops by about £200. Ill be saving money initially, just provided i dont crash! *touch wood*

Quote: Originally posted by number2301 on 25 July 2004

How the f**k? Are we talking cat 1, low crime area, garaged? Anything else? I wish I could get that low :(
Was with Toad Ai606 Cat 1.. on driveway.

My area has a problem with a certain type of car crime, expensive cars stolen to order, but not a lot of theft from vehicles.. in the scheme of things were probably low crime (leafy suburbia).

erm anything else.. Licence held for 4 years-ish.. maxed out voluntary excess.. no legal protection, hire car etc, just the basic comprehensive cover.

Screwed it up for myself now though, had an own fault accident (total loss) in March so Im back down to zero no claims.... its going to be a nasty renewal in January!