ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver won’t start

Right, again my car is giving me problems (its really starting to p*ss me off now :()

I came out of a club tonight and went to drive home, only to find my car wouldnt start, it turns over and everything, it just doesnt seem to ignite.

I thought this could be related in some way to my low mpg figures, and that maybe i had no fuel, but i reset the fuel data sending lines and the guage indicated that there was petrol there. So now i really dont know what the problem is, it would appear fuel is not getting into the cylinders, so maybe its the fuel pump?

I have to have it moved by tomorrow (its in a dodgy place on campus where they dont like you parking) failing that i am gonna call the AA out and have it towed home.

Any help/suggestions would be greatley apprreciated:D

Cheers

Jon

Turn the ignition on without trying to fire it and you should hear a buzzing noise for a second or so. This is the fuel pump working. Check the fuel pump fuse, which will be in your clio manual, it is in the fuse box underneath the bonnet, next to where you fill your screenwash just under the front window at the right hand side.

Do all the simple stuff. Check the plugs, leads etc. Your low mpgs could have been from faulty plugs. Maybe the fuel filter is blocked too. Get the AA out, use his expertise, and if youve still no joy, get it towed home and get the multimeters out and test all the ignition system. Oh, and it could also be the Ignition module. Plenty to be getting on with.