ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vauxhall Astra Paint Correction

Clio 197 RB
Ok so a few weeks ago my Girlfriends mum decided to remove the stubborn baked on bird poo that was on the bonnet and roof of her 2 year old Astra with a scouring pad.

The scratches looked like this, was hard to see in the light and my iPhone camera struggled to pick them up, but you can kind of see the damage.

null_zpsc5a7d7b9.jpg

null_zps721eea3c.jpg

null_zps0720bb5e.jpg

null_zps1d0802b3.jpg

Started with the wheels first, cleaned with Auto Finesse Imperial and then again with iron-x.

null_zps4b0496df.jpg

null_zps9416e152.jpg

They ended up like this.

null_zps4eb0f283.jpg

Washed using the usual 2 bucket method, using dodo juice shampoo and a meguiars Sheeps wool mitt.
Hardly any tar on the car, so I went straight to claying, I used Bilt Hamber clay and Dodo Juice lube. (Giggidy).

null_zpsce982341.jpg

Quite a bit of dirt removed from the front of the car.

Car was then re-washed and dried so I could start on the polishing.

I used my DAS-6 Pro with Megs polish and Megs pads.
I then refined with Prima Amigo on a Lake Country pad.
Car was then re-washed again to remove any polish residue and dried so I could apply the Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Wax.

Heres the finished product with all scratches completely removed.

null_zps810bdedf.jpg

null_zps3fa47067.jpg

null_zpsc62e4f0b.jpg

null_zps842414da.jpg

null_zpsb94ec231.jpg

null_zps5c1d6607.jpg

null_zps7d4e3756.jpg

null_zpsa1333644.jpg

null_zps2ab25ed2.jpg

null_zpsfdc486c6.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lovely colour, nice effort! Bet she was pleased

Little tip for next time. Wash or rinse after using the megs compound, not after using amigo as it may wash out some of the glaze / filling ability. Will still leave a great base, or better, for waxing over.

Also looking at the dirt on that clay, invest in a tar remover, use after washing , tar remover, then rinse, then clay. Removes a lot of dirt that the clay is picking up and makes life a little easier for you.