ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vectra V6 Stop-Gap Shed

Leon Cupra 300
Having sold my 550i I needed a runabout while I wait for the correct spec/priced XFR to come up, this could be tomorrow or 6 months time, I'm not fussed either way.

I was initially looking at cars £1500, but didn't think I'd be much safer with one at that price than £500..

My criteria was a decent sized car, not daft miles, esp!, manual, petrol and pretty close to home..

This came up 15 minutes away...
A2600C1D-7DF7-464A-9187-57057EF128B7_zpskpizpvlj.jpg

53 reg 3.2 V6 Elite, 96k, manual, 11 months mot, 4 newish tyres, newish brakes, 2 keys etc, so a lot of good...

...but also a few issues, not had a timing belt, fog annoying lamp warning (not bulb), squeaky blower motor, leccy mirrors don't adjust.

Anyway, we settled on £430!!!!

Fixed all the above niggles in a few hours then I was in two minds for the timing belt as it's not the easiest or cheapest job, do i risk it knowing the car be scrap if it goes or get it done. Basically if car got scrapped it would cost me more to replace so decided to get it done with the hope of getting my money back.

Quick post on the Vectra C forum and I was pointed to a guy in Leeds who does everything Vauxhall, he said he'd do it with waterpump and oil change for £120 labour, thought that was a no brainer..

So bought the timing kit, waterpump, oil and all filters, aux belt and he came and picked it up, dropped it off next day later all done!

Around £300 all in, and I'm glad I did, old timing belt...
FA9C94CE-F941-4B36-9FFE-3FDD2BEC7339_zps5vthiunt.jpg

It drives well, goes well, it's had everything done for about £700. I'm pretty happy with that!

How budget motoring should be done!
Sort the yellowing headlights and fit some new numberplates without the extra writing/bolts and it'll look pretty good fo an old bus!

Leon Cupra 300
I've got some stuff today to do the headlights so I'll have a go over the weekend.. Tempted by some plates but I don't want to pile money into it for no real reason, it stops being a shed then and into something I care about.

It's 210hp I think, doesn't sound a lot but it's really torquey. It feels pretty quick tbh, and it lugs from less than 1000rpm in 5th effortless. It's too much for the chassis/tyres/brakes!

Oh definitely agree on the money thing, but for £15 I've found plates to be the biggest change to a tired car beyond a clean!
Generally I buy the cheapest show plates on ebay as I like them plain (legally you need a makers name and address I believe) and the standard UK style (not a fan of pressed plates)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-QUAL...074962?hash=item33b772a112:g:~8kAAOSwaZdXIffk
And then sack off the bolts or poor quality advehive strips and get some 3M VHB tape
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Numbe...356777?hash=item3abeedc569:g:6EYAAOSwyjBW3Iqr
Much cleaner and newer looking

Enough power for an effortless cruiser, they were never the sharpest drive!

2007 clio dynamique
There decent for the money and good for carrying stuff around , I have one for that reason , yours being the elite and v6 it should have plenty of parts you could sell If it broke but there reliable apary from suspension/steering bits as I think there made from cheese

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Leon Cupra 300
Should update this really, sold last weekend for £900! Had lots and lots of interest in it, I probably could of got a bit more but the first guy who came to see it was really sound so...