ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Veering to the left.

That old chestnut..

Just on the way home from work, I had to struggle to keep the steering wheel in a straight line - thought it was snow at first; but ruled that out when I noticed there was none there.
On accellerating, the wheel wheel goes to about 10 to.

It was fine this morning, and my tyres are ok - from what I can see in the dark. The only thing I can think of is it being related to hitting a pothole the other day - but that was Thursday; how have I been able to drive fine since?!

odd..

I'll try and get the tracking sorted tomorrow, if I don't die on the way there.

id check tracking too, see if anything is obviously bent !! The other thing to consider was camber of the road that can sometimes pull you towards the kerb , although if its a road you drive regular , id imagine you'd have felt this before !!

Tracking first check all the obvious things !! make sure they pot hole didnt puncture the tyre or let air out , as low pressure in the tyre could cause it pull that way !!

hope this helps a little !!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Wheels working them self loose from the impact of the pot hole ?

Check the pressures to. These are the easiest things to check.

Checked again this morning, front left looks to have lost a fair amount of air.

Good job I walked to work this morning then, other wise ill be all deaded about now.

I'll just get some new tyres and sort the tracking out anyway when I get them fitted - it could do with a new set anyway. Any recommendations? Michelin Pilot Sport 2/3? Maxxis MA-Z1? A.N other..

I had this with my 182. The fronts were hankook ventus prime 2 195/45 16's with plenty of tread. It would pull to the left slightly when braking. And it seemed to follow the tramlines in the road at lowish speeds. I thought something was wrong with the car untill i replaced the fronts with some new Uniroyal Rainsport 2 205/45 16's and the problems vanished there and then.

Don't know if the problem was the quality of the hankook's or the fact that they were not brand new (but still plenty of life in them like i said) or even that they were 195's. Maybe it was a combination of all 3?

Right, so I've ordered and got some new rubber on the way, and I've just gone to try and get enough air in the tyre to drive to one of two local tyre places when they arrive. Not having any of it - now this could be down to the weak electric inflator I've been using, or the fact that the tyre is beyond buggered. Don't particularly want to try the foam as I've heard some places are a bit funny about removing tyres that are filled with it - that coupled with the fact I'm taking my own tyres probably wouldn't be wise.

So, how on earth am I going to get the new tyres fitted? Thought of mobile tyre fitters, but I can't find any particularly local - and those that are dont want to fit tyres you supply yourself.

If only Cups had a spare wheel!!

hmm..

...take the wheels off, take them to tyre place - get new tyres fitted - take back home and put on car - then go back to garage to do tracking and balancing...

faff.

E46 320D Tourer!
Maybe the alloy itself is cracked from the pothole. Might explain why it won't take air, other than the tyre being fooked. Just s thought dude.