ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very annoying rattle - Rear View Mirror Mount

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

I have really annoying rattle from the rear view mirror in the Megane.

I have managed to narrow it down to this:

img2012012800431.jpg

Any idea as to what the black little box does and how I stop it rattling?

Cheers,

Nick

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
looks like some sort of sensor.... maybe climate control, or those pressure activated alarm things

put a dab of hot glue either side, should stop it.

and by hot glue, i dont mean super glue!.

hot glue = easy to pull off :)

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
looks like some sort of sensor.... maybe climate control, or those pressure activated alarm things

put a dab of hot glue either side, should stop it.

and by hot glue, i dont mean super glue!.

hot glue = easy to pull off :)

Thanks for the response mate!

It isn't rattling around, the sensor is secure. It is something within it that rattles when the car is turned on :dapprove:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Thanks for the response mate!

It isn't rattling around, the sensor is secure. It is something within it that rattles when the car is turned on :dapprove:

hmmmm, i'll pull the one off my mum's megane when she get home and i'll have a look into it.

has it rattled before or just recently?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
hmmmm, i'll pull the one off my mum's megane when she get home and i'll have a look into it.

has it rattled before or just recently?

Been doing it for a while. This is just the first time I have actually looked at sorting it out.

Appears to be the climate control sensor, as there is a temp sensor sticking out of it.

Looks like it's the little fan behind the temperature sensor that is causing the rattling/buzzing sound.

Hmmm!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Been doing it for a while. This is just the first time I have actually looked at sorting it out.

Appears to be the climate control sensor, as there is a temp sensor sticking out of it.

Looks like it's the little fan behind the temperature sensor that is causing the rattling/buzzing sound.

Hmmm!

just had a quick look, i see what you mean, this one is buzzing aswell :dapprove:.

its either general wear and tear or a common fault.

best thing to do is source a new part.

won't be cheap from renault, my guess.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Climate control sensor, buzzing fan. Seems to be a common problem.

Clean it or new one. Will give it a clean up and see what happens.

yes, have you got some electrical contact spray? put abit of that on some cotton swobb and clean the area. should hopefully make a difference

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
just had a quick look, i see what you mean, this one is buzzing aswell :dapprove:.

its either general wear and tear or a common fault.

best thing to do is source a new part.

won't be cheap from renault, my guess.

yes, have you got some electrical contact spray? put abit of that on some cotton swobb and clean the area. should hopefully make a difference

Done!

Cleaned it all up, and refitted. Much much quieter now!

Going to get a quote for a new one now, thanks mate :)