ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very Fast Focus

Currently being raced by Andy Gallacher, who's (apparently) spent a couple of hundred thousand on this beast. Not much info on it, other than it weighs 1020kg, 670bhp, 4x4, carbon fibre spaceframed shell.

[youtube]1SQsz4iJ84w[/youtube]

[youtube]oWeIN_d3-GE[/youtube]

AG9.jpg

Will try get some videos from the racing tomorrow.

Merc A class
This was Testing at Oulton other week in Time attack!

So fast! Apparently the shell is Carbon fibre!

Last edited:
the car is a beast....Andy has 2 of them at exactly the same spec, a blue one and a orange one, both carbon fibre and both space framed, beasts of a car!:)

172 ph1 2.4 transit
He is at knockhill today in time attack meeting !!
current engine is about 650 bhp but got another engine being repaired which has been dynoed at 760 and another being built at the moment by Harvey Gibbs !!

It was running faster laps at Oulton park than any other time attack car til his front diff went and thats giving away at least 100bhp plus nitrous to the likes of Ollie Clarke !!

Shame it isnt road legal with it being space framed, that'd be an awesome b-road car!

Hasn't it also lapped knockhill in the quickest time ever???

172 ph1 2.4 transit
Shame it isnt road legal with it being space framed, that'd be an awesome b-road car!

Hasn't it also lapped knockhill in the quickest time ever???

Yes i think its the fastest full bodied car around there with a sub 50' sec lap

Is it a silhouette then basically? Apart from the bodyshape I'm assuming there is nothing Focus about it.

Looks amazing though, would love to see it running in the flesh.

Turbos.
Being spaceframe doesn't make a car non-road legal...

It is an amazing car, no doubt. Problem, its not actually eligble for anything other than that crappy Scottish race series they do.

172 ph1 2.4 transit
wouldnt call time attack a crappy scottish race series...

Its eligible for lots of different race series

Time attack - prototype class
Northern saloons championship - prob class A
Scotish saloons championship
Possibley others like the Combe saloons series and the dunlop series but im not sure on there rules but there are lots of space framed specials out there racing !!

Andy mainly does the scotish because Knockhill is about half hour away from where he is so it keeps costs down etc

Possibley others like the Combe saloons series and the dunlop series but im not sure on there rules but there are lots of space framed specials out there racing !!

Never, this would struggle to be eligible in many championships, let alone Saloon Car Championships. CC Saloons and the Dunlop series (and I assume most others as well) requires an almost standard road car in many respects, is there a single part of this car that actually comes from a road-going Focus apart from the light clusters?!

Turbos.
Time Attack isn't a race series, nor is it Scottish. I meant the Scottish Saloons, which TBH is the only series i've heard the car being in.

172 ph1 2.4 transit
Warm up times from Time attack today !!

Andy Gallagher - Focos- 52.3
R Butcher -Evo 8 - 52.768
Olly Clark - Impreza - 52.834 - 133.2mph
Tom Ferrier - Impreza - 53.841 - 138.9mph
Steve Guglielmi - Lotus Elise 54.629 - 124.3mph
Russell Humphrey - Evo 5 - 55.141 - 128.1mph
James Nicholls - Evo 6 - 55.657 - 125.9

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Nice car but was funny seeing him "showing off" at the RSOC at croft last year and smash it up, felt sorry for him but it was funny at the same time.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Just got back from knockhill...seen this flying around, engine bay is mighty impressive too.