ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibrating brakes!!

mk2 Leon Cupra
I had some brembo max discs fitted about 2000 miles ago. they were bedded in properly, no harsh braking, but when i brake from motorway speeds they vibrate badly. anybody got any ideas whats wrong??

b/g 182, meg tourer
I had some brembo max discs fitted about 2000 miles ago. they were bedded in properly, no harsh braking, but when i brake from motorway speeds they vibrate badly. anybody got any ideas whats wrong??

i have exactly the same problem!
cant work out if its coming from the front or back tho! i also have brembo max discs.
im still waiting for a solution. the discs and pads still have plenty of wear and i cant see any cracks. im confused.
its a very loud vibrating noise from braking at motorway speeds

mk2 Leon Cupra
Yea its really loud and you have to come on and off the brakes. Its definatly not the balance either. Can anyone recommend some discs that are good with the red stuff pads?

172 FF
Red stuff are very noisy compared to standard pads, I took mine off after about 500miles & put standard Renault Ferodo pads on.
I have Brembo Max discs & they still make funny sounds now, even with standard pads & don't feel as good as the standard discs.

These high carbon things are over rated imo. This is the 2nd time I've tried Brembo discs now & I won't be taking anyones advice about these discs again.
Maybe they are good for track cars or something, but they are crap for normal road use.

dont know like i have hade mine on ( Brembo max-grooved ones and yellow stuff pads from k-tec) and they in my opinion are rather good only noise is when breaking at about 5-10mph

but we are all different and all have different opinions