ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration from brakes on track only?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
When I was doing Oulton last week I had a vibration under braking like a warped disc but it did not do it on the way home at normal speeds.
I did Bedford yesterday and the same thing happened again, used two different set of wheels and tyres so I am ruling out something to do with them.
I did think it may have been pad deposit but I would have thought it should have cleaned up after two trackdays.

The car stops fine both on track and road.

I need to check the discs when I can get the DTI from work but cant see them being warped as it does not happen all the time.
Pads are DS2500
discs are Brembo HC plain
ATE super blue and braided hoses

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I went through three sets of calipers on my 172 from this over 100k miles.

Wear in the sliders was allowing half of the caliper to rock a little giving the vibration but only when they were very very hot and being used very very hard.

Under normal use, like you, I had no issue at all.

I remember being able to get the parts to refurbish them but at the time people were always changing and/or upgrading so as and when a set came up I bought them.

On the last set I just accepted it and left them to vibrate whenever they wanted to. No bother as they still worked as we'll as they should...they just always felt like they were warped.

Clio 172
I think you have problem with your disc. Same thing happened my on car. When I brake hardly , every side of car vibrated so much. This genarally happens after disc warms up. Clio disc is tinny a bit and when it warms up , its shape changes so this causes vibration. I made a new setup with megane brembo calipers and 280x28 disc. I hope I will avoid the vibration on disc with new wider disc setup