ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibration in steering wheel....

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
it mostly happens when im going around 30 under,i get a creaking noise on the front drivers side and a little vibration in the steering wheel. anyone know wat this could be??

Civic Type-R
I would guess that your wheels need balancing. Or it could be one of the wheel bearings is going.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
ive taken the wheel off and tightened all the nuts. i have opened the bonnet and where the strut comes through the round rubber ring is very loose compared to the other?could this be the cause? how do you tighten it back up?

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
Mattsclio! said:
ive taken the wheel off and tightened all the nuts. i have opened the bonnet and where the strut comes through the round rubber ring is very loose compared to the other?could this be the cause? how do you tighten it back up?

someone must know?

Da

Less
put a 21mm ring spanner on the nut and then insert an allenkey into the top of the strut and hold this still whilst tightening the nut mate. This stops the strut shaft spinning as you tighten.