ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibration under hard acceleration - advice pls

Trophy #267
Ive noticed in the last few weeks (strangely post croft trackday !) that i can feel a pronounced vibration under hard acceleration (predominantly in 1st and can be felt in 2nd) when 5k and beyond.
Not sure if its coming from the engine or wheels but i can definitely feel it via the steering wheel and you can hear it as tho something is resonating.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Trophy #267
nope dont think its them as wheels are most definitely on tight with no play in any of the nuts on the front wheels.
Any other suggestions ?

Trophy #473
worn Cv joints on the driveshafts will create a 'wobbling' feel through the wheel upon exceleration.

i know because my driverside shaft needs replacing.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I something similar, I also had a blowing exhaust due to a broken bracket. Replaced the bracket today and I have no vibrations anymore. :S . So I set out to do both jobs but 1 cured the other. Glad I did the exhaust first lol.

Ph1 172
Which mount was it? I had a powerflow cat back fitted recently and that didnt cure my similar problem, was it infront of the cat?

If not then maybe my driveshafts are on there way out, how much are these from renault?

tom

clio 172
easy fix this!!!! its the engine hitting the subframe/ and or steering rack, not axel tramp etc

i sorted mine by getting the uprated k tec dog bone mount.... and then slacken off the 4 bolts on the left hand engine mount (the one near the oil cap lol) pull the engine forward with the help of a bar/mate then re tigthen the bolts. Job done, mine never does this now, no mater how much right foot is given in 1st

Ph1 172
I don't think its a wheel spin problem, as it does it when im comfortably getting traction in 3rd sometimes. However you may be onto something with the engine on subframe/rack problem. Anyone know if there is anyway to test it this is the problem before I buy a mount?

Otherwise I assume its CVs, no idea how much thats going to set me back

Trophy #267
eventually got the car on the ramps at the weekend and having heard the issue, the mechanic said it was an exhaust mounts somewhere. Ramps showed it to be the last mount near the exit pipe which was all but fully collapsed.
New mounts on orders ( for the full exhaust) so fingers crossed

clio sport f1 r27
had it extreamly bad on my old megane coupe 16v was drive shaft i got it re machined and it was cured