ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video - 182 round elvington airfield

just like to add - that was my first track experience, and at 20years of age i dont claim to be a good driver. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Supra driver was crap, but then again it's a bit twisty for him...Not bad on ur behalf, You can brake ALOT later tho, the next time you do one of these event don't be affraid to find the limit, There's plenty of run off!!

i know i was braking way too early.

i didnt have any faith in my brakes! nearly went onto grass a few times too.
sorted now thought with some ds2500 pads..

yeah i know i hit the limiter a few times. oops.

just to point out, that blue calibra was a turbo, and the supra was a turbo with a massive front mount intercooler.
white nova was a 2.0 16v stripped out (female driving).
had that modified black CTR behind me for a few laps (not shown on vid) and he said to one of my mates (in the vauxhall astra) he couldnt keep up on the straights with me which i was chuffed with. when i saw him behind me he basically seemed to stay at the same place in my mirror.

racing182 said:
Nice vid, id b scared of crashing with all them cars driving do close though

You have trackday insurance?

no thats the scary bit.. allthought on elvington theres not that much to hit really..

at all the dangerous corners theres just cones and grass.

just straighten ya wheels up if ya gonna fly off onto the grass..

a few people hit/went through cones. lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice vid...very tidy mate, very tidy.

You're smooth with the steering, accurate and consistant with your lines which is the main thing...keep going round like that and the speed/later braking comes naturally.

Just got to work on heel & toe downchanges to stop unbalancing the car just before you turn-in.

Those Supras are pigs eh?

Last edited:
anyone notice how bad the saxo driver was (female)

was getting really annoyed because she wouldnt move over on the straights, just kept in the middle or over to the left, when ya can only overtake on the left. and kept going into every corner at totally the wrong line.

was pissing me off a right treat. lol

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
your mate needs his eyes tested. if a ctr was up ur arse (not to mention slipstreaming you), you wouldnt pull away. ive owned a 182 and a type r, and a phase one 172 (currently as a bridge car), and neither better the ctr on strait line speed. cornering though i favour the clios (personally), and i prefer them to drive fullstop.

great vid tho son, looks great fun!! good driving for your first time!!

RobHardyUK said:
your mate needs his eyes tested. if a ctr was up ur arse (not to mention slipstreaming you), you wouldnt pull away. ive owned a 182 and a type r, and a phase one 172 (currently as a bridge car), and neither better the ctr on strait line speed. cornering though i favour the clios (personally), and i prefer them to drive fullstop.

great vid tho son, looks great fun!! good driving for your first time!!

thats what he said to my mate that he couldnt keep up on the straights.. but everytme i looked in my mirror he was in the same place all the time. just wasnt gaining or dissapearing. bearing in mind on that track even the m3 only got to 100mph..

the ctrs and 182's i think are like even matched under 100mph.

clio 172 cup
where you from? and when was it? i live about ten min from elvington and see that supra quite alot

CLS, RS MEG
Is the green convertable at the start of the video a GTM Spyder? My mates just built one of them, very nice cars!

hi rob172cup, i live near grimsby

that supra lives in scunthorpe so doubt you see it alot round that way??
must be another one..

rob willow - yeah it is a GTM spyder. got a k series engine in, and 50:50 weight distribution etc.