ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Videos onto iPods - is it possible?!

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi guys...just got a new iPod Nano 3G, and was wondering if it is possible to somehow transfer DVDs onto it at all? Obviously it can play videos, but I wasn't sure what file type you need and how you could get it onto the iPod as you have to do it via iTunes. Maybe something like a DVD compression program, save it, then transfer it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as would love to be able to get some full length films on it.

Thanks a lot for any advice even if its not possible! :star:

Tom.

dk

911 GTS Cab

That seems pretty cool, nice one.

Which program do you guys use to rip DVDs to your computer then? The program I used to use wasn't great as it split the films into 1GB files that needed to be played back to back, e.g. close one file and open the next one - obviously not ideal!!!

Thank you all so far!
something like dvd decrypter will allow you to rip your dvd into a single file so you can then convert it to mp4 for playback on the ipod, best ripping/shrinking it to 700mb though as that will be plenty big enough for the ipod

Mito Sportiva 135
That seems pretty cool, nice one.

Which program do you guys use to rip DVDs to your computer then? The program I used to use wasn't great as it split the films into 1GB files that needed to be played back to back, e.g. close one file and open the next one - obviously not ideal!!!

Thank you all so far!
something like dvd decrypter will allow you to rip your dvd into a single file so you can then convert it to mp4 for playback on the ipod, best ripping/shrinking it to 700mb though as that will be plenty big enough for the ipod

Cool nice one dude, will have a look tomorrow. Have a strange urge to put Space 2001 on there for some reason! Although with only the 8GBs to play around with, guess not going to be able to fit many!

1 word.............HANDBRAKE
although it should be 2......it is actually 1 lol

Erm, is this a program or something or just like handbrakes?!? :eek: