ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper EVO for V6

V6 Clio

Visited Pipercross this morning for a Viper Race EVO filter and induction kit for my V6. We had to remove all the engine coverings to get the old one out so takes a while to do but noticeable power gains and a great full throttle sound make it worth doing. New setup eliminates the elbow bend on the original airbox and provides a straightline direct feed for the airflow. Not listed yet but Pipercross now have details from my fitting to provide similar kits if you want one. RRP £249. Tel Pipercross on 01604 494945 and mention you heard about it from this website.

V6 Clio

Not sure. I have only seen the Race Viper listed but they were calling it the EVO. Looks exactly the same and is their best kit. Handles upto 600bhp. Very big though so wouldnt fit into many cars.

Ive been looking into them recently. Gonna get myself a normal Viper towards the end of the year, but my brother is after one for his cossie and had seen a review on the Viper EVO. But Demon Tweeks only list a normal Viper and a Race Viper?

Confussed now!?

V6 Clio

I Know. Have never seen a listing for the EVO, but as I said it looks identical to the race. I think they are one and the same but guess youll have to speak to Pipercross.

TRW1, I also want to get some performance bits for my v6 but up to now have not heard of anything available. I thought about an induction kit but decided against it as do you not think that it will suck in to much warm air, due to the heat generated in the back???

Do you no of any other parts currently available for the v6, I hear that there is no one doing any kind of chip for the engine management unit, so we are restricted in what can be done to the engine, ie head work etc...

I am desperate to get some more power, if nothing is available I will have to go for nitrous.

dan

V6 Clio

Zeemax,

The Viper kit provides good protection from heat, carbon casing I believe. I found ir made a noticeable difference, the air can be heard being sucked in now and the kit eliminates the bends in the standard system. I feel certain theres a good increase in power, the car definitely seemed to pull better.

Also speak to project254 he has several Mk11 engine parts...I will be after exhaust manifolds hopefully

I have a superchip fitted to mine also and had a custom exhaust made by Quicksilver in London. The chip gives about 10bhp and a bit more Torque. I found it chucks more fuel in when it needs it but when youre cruising for economy it gives about 3mpg better too. Normal price about £300 but think you can get a discount with Cliosport membership.