ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper help

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

just trying to clean the viper, i undid the two jubilee clips and the 13mm bolt holding it down, i then seperated the main section but couldnt see how to get the foam out, u must have to take off one end but it all looks sealed? {i didnt put it on so dont know how it comes apart and didnt want to break it} it has the red end with the funnel and the other end is black, it looked like the filter was joined to the black end? ALSO i was being gentle but i went and tore the ducting so where do i get some more? halfords maybe. help appreciated :oops:

I dont think that the foam comes out. All the ones Ive seen have had the filter element very firmly glued in place.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

dont even try to get the foam out...its bonded in place.

as for the air feed....what type is it?? if its the cardboard type then give pX a ring and they should replace FOC .... they did mine for the rubberised type.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

thanks for the reply m8, so u jus rang up and said it split and they gave u another? :oops:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The filter element is not removable, so be very careful as if you damage it youre f*cked!

Clio 172 Ph2

Let me know how you get on with the ducting, I need some too!

I emailed them and they said to contact the place I got it from - only they could order it from PiperX.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by haitch on 26 January 2004

thanks for the reply m8, so u jus rang up and said it split and they gave u another? :oops:
well....only live a couple of miles from them so popped in. Also the length of pipe you get in the latest boxs is too short...so blagged another off them.

Nice bunch...they are aware of the problem with the cardboard ones and have upgraded them to the rubberised type. Also got the bigger inlets (the red metal bits)

Ring them...you never know