ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper with remap...

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Hey, I currently got an ITG panel filter installed, janspeed exhaust and decat. I'm on the waiting list for an angelworks inlet manifold and then I'll get it remapped when thats been fitted. I used to have a 1.2 Dynamique with a viper induction kit on and I loved it, made a nice noise and did make the car more responsive. I've read loads of bad reviews on here to do with the viper on 172's and 182's as it loses power compared to the standard air box. All these opinions seem to be from people without remaps. I was wanting to know if anyone has had a viper combined with a remap and what kind of performance gain you achieved if any. I read yozza seen a 13bhp gain once. Thanks.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Hey, I currently got an ITG panel filter installed, janspeed exhaust and decat. I'm on the waiting list for an angelworks inlet manifold and then I'll get it remapped when thats been fitted. I used to have a 1.2 Dynamique with a viper induction kit on and I loved it, made a nice noise and did make the car more responsive. I've read loads of bad reviews on here to do with the viper on 172's and 182's as it loses power compared to the standard air box. All these opinions seem to be from people without remaps. I was wanting to know if anyone has had a viper combined with a remap and what kind of performance gain you achieved if any. I read yozza seen a 13bhp gain once. Thanks.

a closed induction kit is better cos it dont drag warm air from engine, open induction kits do lose ya a bit of power cos of this! id stick with what you have mate, itg panel filters are excellent.