ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media 152mb problem

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I found the problem in the end.. (Kind of). Google Chrome was the issue, ridiculously slow internet, yet fine on safari. A couple of months down the line and it's back, but this time with safari and chrome.

As before, the mac hates virgin media, and it's the same at my girlfriends (also VM), yet my mac works fine connected to the uni internet etc. The internet works perfect on my iphone and my housemates macs.. Any suggestions?

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Have you got an ad blocker on Chrome? I found it made a massive difference to internet browsing. I use uBlock Origin on Chrome

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I haven't on chrome but I have on safari, but both don't work so I don't think it works. It's obviously a setting on my mac or whatever but i'm not IT savvy at all. Pages just load like 30%, stall for a couple of minutes and then it either fully loads or just says the page os unavailable.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I bet your local service has been oversold. If you go onto the virgin forum and make a post asking if there is a problem they will check and respond.

Do not be tempted to bump your message as it takes 2 or 3 days for virgin to respond, and each time you attempt to bump it you move back to the end of the queue.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I bet your local service has been oversold. If you go onto the virgin forum and make a post asking if there is a problem they will check and respond.

Do not be tempted to bump your message as it takes 2 or 3 days for virgin to respond, and each time you attempt to bump it you move back to the end of the queue.

Not my thread, but exactly the same issues, numerous people complaining about it and VM havent done anything. 60 pages and no solution!

I'm currently sat here on my macbook having to use my 4G hotspot from my iphone.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5...ental-with-Superhub-Wifi/td-p/2566642/page/58

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Seems to be some posts saying a beta version of OS X has cured it for some people? Doesn't that point at it being a apple issue more than a VM?

No idea. I see it as VM issue beceause my laptop works perfectly with any internet other than VM... Then again my VM seems to work with some peoples macbooks in my house.

I've compared my mac to my housemate's, settings etc, same ios. Only difference is that his works and mine doesn't!